Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Lancing the Pennsylvania Boil: "In the worst days of the Magnequest Scum..."

In the worst days of the Magnequest Scum, at least RAT was not so
completely wrecked by the need of Michael LaFevre to bully and dominate
someone as RAT is wrecked today by the sick urge of Peter Wieck to
prove he is "a someone", better than a jumped-up janitor scrubbing
toilets in a building owned by that sandshagger Osama bin Laden. Even
in the worst days of the Magnequest Scum, a few on RAT managed to do a
little good electronics work; now it is very little indeed, shading
into nothing much.

It seems to me significant that every time the worst scum we see on RAT
arises in Philadelphia, first Creepy Mike, now Worthless Wiecky. And I
can't say Bob Morein is innocent either: if he had any sense he would
long since have concentrated his fire on the evil Brian McCarthy
instead of arguing with Worthless Wiecky about whether he has a right
to defend himself against McCarty's forgeries: of course he has the
right, and it is so preeminent that he has no need to justify it.

Worthless Wiecky doesn't speak for anyone except the garage vermin Jon
(John? Jono? -- he goes by all three) Yaeger; Worthless Wiecky doesn't
have a tube amp and knows so little about electronics that he believes
a resistor must of necessity dissipate its entire rating regardless of
the amount of current passing through it; Worthless Wiecky doesn't
belong on RAT.

Maybe there's something in the water in Philly, maybe there's something
wrong with the educational system there (Creepy Mike has a master's in
*political science* but thought Sweden was part of Austria!). One has
to wonder.

RAT was once the premier DIY tube advocacy group for people who
actually designed and built tube amps. Now you can count the number of
people on RAT who know anything at all, never mind being capable of
designing anything at all, on the fingers of one hand and still have a
couple over to pick your nose.

Sad, really.

Andre Jute
Impedance is futile, you will be simulated into the triode. -- Robert
Casey

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

The South African Slug that is Andrew Jute McCoy left a trail of slime
including:

It usual lies, fantasies and idiocies.

It was only a matter of time before Mr. McCoy oozed in to spell its
favorite sock-puppet, Mr. Morein and its second-favorite Commander
Middius in the continuing obsessive madness of slamming individuals of
actual accomplishment. And, as always:

The attacked individuals could care less, likely are not even aware of
it.
Those who may have cared are either numb or care no longer.
Those who never cared still don't. And won't.
The horses remain bored.
The three fleas remain dullards and dolts.

As to Mr. McCoy's credibility: By its own words:
____________________________________

(1) Peter Drucker was the greatest theorist of applied economics
business management) who ever lived.

(2) Yes, my darlings, I know where the Philadelphia is, and I know

where New York is, but if we're dropping names, what's few miles?
Reminds me of the time when the chairman of my ad agency had this
brilliant idea (he was always having brilliant ideas unless we were
extra-vigilant): we would hire Drucker as a consultant. So a deputation

of the directors went immediately to Drucker's office to make him an
offer he couldn't refuse. My chairman was a huge fellow in his early
thirties with short, very blond hair. The rest of us were muscular
young men (high-profile sporting achievements were essential to rising
in our organization -- that's how we met most of our clients) of
definitely Aryan stock. We all wore double-welted leather-soled shoes
from Lobb in London and you can bet your ass a bunch of young guys who
earned seven-figure sums walked down this long passage before Drucker's

office with heel-clattering confidence; most of us had been in the
military somewhere (this was still in the age of conscription, where to

avoid forcible induction you did ROTC) so we clattered in step, like a
firing squad marching. Drucker was a Hungarian, a refugee from the
Nazis... One of the PA flung the door open dramatically and we bent our

heads to get through the door, then stormed up to a halt before the
desk behind which this little guy cowered. My chairman said, "We have
come for you!" Drucker stuttered, "I'm an American citizen now!"
Needless to say, we didn't succeed in hiring him.
_____________________________________

The above drivel was exuded by Mr. McCoy in search of a boost for what
passes for its ego.

Parsing it, the following Actual Facts would tend to suggest otherwise.

I claim a familial connection here as Mr. Drucker and my father went to

Law School together and remained better than acquaintances until my
father's death in 1972.

1. Mr. Drucker was Austrian, and the child of a high-level bureaucrat
in the Austrian government. He had no reason by race or religion to
fear or dislike Hitler.
2. Mr. Drucker left Germany as a matter of conscience. He first went to

England, from there to the United States. My father and he left Germany

at the same time, for the same reasons and on the same transport. From
there their paths did not cross again for a number of years.
3. Note that when they left, they did so freely, and not as refugees.
Furthermore, they were welcomed at their respective destinations
without the wary hostility that greeted Jewish refugees, sadly.
4. Mr. Drucker, by constitution and inclination, were he greeted as Mr.

McCoy describes would have kicked their collective asses around the
block, and then across Central Park for good measure, not acted
defensively.

Of course the reason that my father & Mr. Drucker would not have
described each other as "Friends" is that their politics diverged
significantly immediately after WW-II, with Mr. Drucker veering pretty
far to the right.
_________________________

Mr. McCoy, you lie as actual human beings breath.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Mark S Mark S is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...
In the worst days of the Magnequest Scum, at least RAT was not so
completely wrecked by the need of Michael LaFevre to bully and dominate
someone as RAT is wrecked today by the sick urge of Peter Wieck to
prove he is "a someone", better than a jumped-up janitor scrubbing
toilets in a building owned by that sandshagger Osama bin Laden. Even
in the worst days of the Magnequest Scum, a few on RAT managed to do a
little good electronics work; now it is very little indeed, shading
into nothing much.

Andre,
Philly is a dull town, with surprising economic vitality, and an even
more vibrant suburban surround, based entirely in the burgeoning service
economy. Little is manufactured here; people live comfortably by abstract
manipulation of wealth. None of this is bad in and of itself. But the
proximity of New York, which outshines Philly by six orders of magnitude,
suctions Philly's cultural vitality in the way of a binary star system,
the smaller partner of which orbits a death dance of consumption. So,
people get bored, irritable, retreat into themselves, and manifest ill
humor. It affects me from time to time, but I have made NYC my cultural
magnet. It always revives me.

The need to compensate for isolation may, in fact, be part of the
impetus for fine hifi systems; the desire to be "there", rather than
"here." All well and good, but like all virtual realities, it cannot be a
substitute. It best serves as an enriching supplement. I make the
following speculation: None of the usenet posters known for expressions of
irritability live in world-class cities. Might this be so?

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

I've spent a few evenings on South Street that were the furthest thing from
dull! Heh Heh! I live mid way between Philly and NYC; now NY is NY, but I
like to spend time in Philly as well.
MarkS

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Mark S wrote:
I live mid way between Philly and NYC; now NY is NY, but I
like to spend time in Philly as well.

Mark:

Philadelphia, as you have experienced, exists at a much more personal
scale than does New York. When you walked down South Street, you
noticed the smaller scale of the buildings, the moderate income
_private_ single-family row-houses one block south, the high income
houses one block north, and the comingling of all classes and
conditions along South. One may walk from the 17th century to the 21st
century in five blocks, and also walk along the oldest continuously
inhabited residential block in the United States while doing so.

But if it is to be considered "Dull", that would only be by
someone/thing too dull itself to find all that is available... even as
compared to New York. Without stretching it at all, Philadelphia is a
friendly city (or at least I have found it so). Most people one meets
even casually are more than willing to share a few minutes, give (good)
directions, even help or shelter... Something that would seem natural
in a town that describes itself as "a city of neighborhoods". Those who
are inherently hostile, naturally suspicious, or generally aggressive
would never see this aspect however. And would find NYC much more in
keeping with their view of the world.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Mark S Mark S is offline

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mark S wrote:
[...]

Hi Peter,
You're assessment of Philly is right on the money. My great grandparents
immigrated there from Germany around 1890 and most of my family are
Philadelphia knowledgeable. I grew up across the river, in the gasoline belt
if you will. Lots of good memories of The City.
Mark

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Philadelphia crime ranking much higher than NYC

Soundhaspriority wrote:
I LOVE NY!!!

Move there. Please. The entire region would be improved by your
leaving.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Soundhaspriority lives a rich fantasy life, to wit:

You don't recall our brief conversation some years ago, when you invited me
to participate in the Philadelphia Audio Society.

I am not, and never have been a member of the Philadelphia Audio
Society. To my knowledge, it has been effectively defunct since the
late 90s, early 2000s, and even when in full swing not much use given
its concentration on triodes and silver-foil cables (as examples) over
anything of substance. Mostly a foil for audiophool paraphernalia and
their makers. Of course, I never would have invited anyone to join it
either.

Now, if you believe me to be a bad representative of the region,
consider that you are the one whose primary posts by volume and content
exist only to attack an otherwise unknown individual some 7800+/- miles
away from you as the crow flies. Those attacks are unsupported,
unsubstantiated and without independent reference... in other words,
entirely unverifiable through any independent source. And you do this
to an entirely uncaring audience who universally and fervently (other
than Middius & McCoy, of course) wish that you would simply go away, if
they even care about you at all. That all attacks made on whatever that
"you" might be would stop altogether if you were to stop... funny
thing. And I will repeat my belief that the entire concatenation that
posts as *soundhaspriority* is one-and-the-same entity desparate for
attention. Even in this world of 6,000,000,000+/- individuals, it would
be too precious to be anything else.

That you write more poorly that Mr. McCoy when it indulges in the same
behavior is irrefutable. That you are proud of both your and its
behavior to those ends is just plain sad. That the group of the three
of you (McCoy, Middius, Morein) are exactly as you describe, trapped in
the morrass of USENET, unable to actually write either on topic, give
unadulterated opinions without making attacks or judgements of others
and so forth is pretty blatantly obvious.

I refer you to Matthew 7:3. Even a nice Jewish boy like you will have
access to the NT, even if on-line.

Then, look up the bulk of my posts not directed at any of the three of
you.

One more thing which you cannot seem to understand. One can like
something without necessarily disliking something else. One chat up
something without denegrating or criticizing something else. Try it.
For once. Imagine posting and

and

and

and

getting an actual PLEASANT reception. Or even a THANK YOU... That will
be a new experience for you, I am sure. But worth the effort.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
oups.com...

Now, if you believe me to be a bad representative of the region,
consider that you are the one whose primary posts by volume

Peter, enough! Stop counting! Even if, in your opinion, my concern counts
as an obsession, you are obsessing too.

Peter, just find something to do. Something fun, something engrossing. You
shouldn't even worry yourself about my representations about Brian L.
McCarty. I understand that, given the information available to you, it's
very difficult to judge the merits of my concern. So just let it fade into
the background noise we all have to deal with, and find something fun to do.

Have fun! By having mutual fun with others, you can alleviate the pain of
others. After we die, it's one of the few things we can leave behind of
unquestionable benefit. The other things we leave, money, pyramids, great
works, are superceded, or, as Herodotus said, "become lost in the sands of
time."

As far as the PAS, I accept the correction. Obvioiusly, I spoke to someone
else.

I would like to see you smile.

Regards,

Bob Morein
Dresher, PA
(215) 646-4894

Morein, you're tryin' to polish a turd.

No matter how hard you rub, it'll still be a piece of **** -
so cut it out. Wieck is a ****in' ****** from year one,
and he'll stay that way - and good thing, too, because
most folks get a kick outta watchin' Jute clean his clock
every couple of days. He's so owned nowadays he has
to refer to people as "it" to get his rocks off.

Lord Valve
Arrogant Rightwing *******

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Lord Valve blathered:
most folks get a kick outta watchin' Jute clean his clock
every couple of days.
Arrogant Rightwing *******

Hey, there, Lordy...

Do the math.

McCoy is 61. Drucker was born in 1909 and left NYC in 1971. Of the last
several years he was nominally attached to NYU, he spend most of his
time either in Pontiac, MI; or in California. So, if Mr. McCoy's story
is true, at best he would have been 25 (or less) to Drucker's 62...
"but I am an American Citizen now".... do you actually believe such
drivel?

Arrogant Rightwing *******.... Well, as one cannot control one's
parentage, one may as well be proud of it. Rightwing... That is why
there is more than one flavor of ice-cream. Arrogant... this is usenet.
A necessary attribute for posting without facts.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

I'm gonna stay up *real* late tonight, worryin' about what
you think.

Lord Valve
Arrogant Rightwing *******

Peter Wieck wrote:

Lord Valve blathered:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Lord Valve dithered:
I'm gonna stay up *real* late tonight, worryin' about what
you think.

One would hope not. Then I would have to stay up late worrying about
you....

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion

Lord Valve wrote of Peter Wieck of Wyncote, Pennsylvania:

He's so owned nowadays he has
to refer to people as "it" to get his rocks off.

That's most insightful of you, Willie.

Peter "Worthless Wiecky" Wieck is of course a congenital war criminal.
His mindless, omnidirectional aggression is not accidental; it is in
his blood. Oh, it might be aggravated, as Bob Morein says, by
middle-aged flushes, intimations of impending mortality, the
probability that he can't get his rocks off any more, and at the end of
a worthless life, which Worthless Wiecky spent as a janitor, envy for
the more productive lives of others. But, in the main, Worthless Wiecky
was born a bullying, blustering asshole and will die a bullying,
blustering asshole. That is his nature, and, as I will show, nurture
failed to change nature significantly.

Like so many children of fathers who left Germany in the 1930s to seek
a better life elsewhere, Worthless Wiecky has wet dreams about the roar
of tanks rolling into defenseless small countries. You can bet your
panties that until he was into his thirties he was still searching
diligently for a holograph signature of Heinz Guderian. Nothing wrong
with that. It is what comes with it, the anti-semitism boiling over in
Worthless Wiecky's dealings with Bob Morein, the mindless fascism of
trying to pretend that his selfmade "enemies" are not human, merely
things, as is proven by the Freudian slip of Worthless Wiecky
dehumanizing everyone who disagrees with him as "it". One notes with
interest that serial killers and other psychopaths think of their
victims as "it", and address them so in order to dehumanize them and
thus excuse action against them which the psychopath knows full well is
totally immoral. The psychopaths among the fascist theoreticians first
dehumanized the Jews as things before exterminating them; Worthless
Wiecky isn't even original.

There is thus no excuse for Worthless Wiecky's persecutions of harmless
posters, for his bullying, for his blustering, for his constant perjury
(he keeps claiming people said things they never uttered), and for
being slime. His parents taught him better; he should know better; he
should act better. Worthless Wiecky is a criminal in the virtual space
of RAT because he is too slack and incompetent to create an opportunity
to be a real war criminal as his blood demands.

As you say so perceptively, that "it" is the key indicator to Worthless
Wiecky's disease.

Andre Jute
You can trust the Germans to be on time: their tanks will invade on
schedule. -- Andre Jute, speech on racism, Haifa, 1967

Lord Valve wrote:
Soundhaspriority wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes,rec.audio.opinion
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Andrew Jute McCoy, in a continuing series of lies exuded:

You can trust the Germans to be on time: their tanks will invade on
schedule. -- Andre Jute, speech on racism, Haifa, 1967

Lemme see... 1967 is 39 years ago. 61-39 = 22. Your age at the time, at
best.

Right. Speech in Haifa. To what? The drunken gathering at a local bar?
Who listened because you were standing the drinks?

When you pretend, you silly little git, at least get the math right.

So. We a speech in Haifa, an attempt to recruit Peter Drucker some time
_before_ 1971, and a working Triode-based amplifier. All equally
credible from such an incredible source.

Enjoy what remains of your existence... in your case, it appears to be
downhill only.

BTW, where is the latest iteration of attack posts? We miss them SO
much!

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I went to Philly once when I lived in New York, to stand in for a
colleague who was supposed to give a recruiting speech but fell off his
horse instead, probably deliberately. My assistant summed up the
experience perfectly: "Crap city, crap lunch, crap people. Who the ****
would want to hire those dull, smug students? Or their dull, smug
teachers?" I told her to fire the personnel director for wasting my
time. You bet your ass I'm biased against Philly; it wasted an entire
halfday of my time.

Philly people suffer from an inferiority complex; it is evident in
their compensating bluster. In Australia in the 1960s and 70s that
distinctive attitude you notice among Philadelphians was called
"cultural cringe". But Philadelphia has better reason than any
Australian city to cringe culturally! Mind you, to be fair, while the
Australian excuse that London drained all talent was spurious, it seems
clear to me that Philistines could make a good case that NY, so very
near, drains all homegrown talent and gives back nothing. A Broadway
producer, hearing of my experience in Philly, quipped, "Your personnel
director would still have his job if he sent you to New Haven!"
Definitely.

You've written elsewhere in this thread about world class cities. I've
lived in all of them except Shanghai. But what is often overlooked is
that less obvious places have vibrant artistic lives; Adelaide in
Australia is a favourite of mine, and so is Melbourne; others that come
instantly to mind are Seattle; Montreal, a whole bunch of small German
cities complete with very active opera houses, Munich of course, Milan,
Forence, etc. Cork has a vibrant cultural life, though in fact I don't
go there more than twice a year. Anyone I want to see will pass through
Bandon eventually, and stop off with their instruments or a disc of the
rough cut of their latest film or a draft of their play or composition
or whatever; sooner or later I hear everything that is important. (I
don't read a newspaper or any magazines; to discover what the editors
think, I write an article to tell them what they should think and
charge a fee for it, then I know what they think and have some money as
well.)

The truth is that an artist lives in his head. (1) Though I enjoyed the
sparkle of the great cities when I was a businessman, once I had a
family I couldn't wait to leave the big cities; maybe I'm just a
country boy at heart; I also rather like the smallest academic towns
and cities.

It is also worth distinguishing between towns in which the cultural
life is a natural outgrowth of a community (Greenwich Village is such a
town, albeit set inside a city) and those where culture is an
artificial superimposition. You can shove Houston and Dallas; check the
ticket prices, check who can actually get into the concerts, and you
will soon discover that culture there is a social climber's elevation
method, a shop window for the importance of an insecure elite, not a
defensible urge to joy.

BTW, since I've probably rubbed everyone else already, you can shove
modern jazz too: it is the perfect music for onanists.

Andre Jute
Culture is what I say, not only because I say it but because of how I
say it. Culture can as easily be what you say, if you have something to
say and the craft to say it well. -- Andre Jute, lecture, Llandudno,
1992

(1) These further remarks are in part motivated by your speculation:
None of the usenet posters known for expressions of
irritability live in world-class cities.

I think you're off the beam. I don't like being touched by people I
don't know exceedingly well, never mind jostled by strangers, and I
don't like having my time wasted. Big cities jostle and waste a lot of
time just moving the furniture around; having to hold meetings in the
back of cars shorten my temper considerably. Furthermore, some of the
shortest tempers on the Usenet belong to people who do live in world
class cities. My observation, contrary to yours, is that the most
even-tempered people on the Usenet are those who have the satisfaction
of creating something: Valve, a musician, and I, a novelist, might be
astringent of tongue and not long-suffering of fools or impertinent
louts, but you cannot say we are short-tempered; you have to say that
Patrick Turner, an amp-builder, despite much provocation, is
even-tempered; and so on. It seems to me that the nasties are people
with dull jobs and lives, who take their frustration out on us.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Andrew Jute McCoy Blathered:

As Usual.

It is so sad when any apparently otherwise intelligent creature reaches
the age of 61 with so few real life-experiences to remember that it
must live entirely in fantasy.

Mr. Morein does appear to have some sort of life, however limited, and
does (at least if he is truthful) actually get out and do things. McCoy
remains in the words of the ancient cliche, a legend in (his) own mind.
Middius remains a cypher. Why poor Lordy got involved is anyone's
guess.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ruud Broens Ruud Broens is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
:
: "Andre Jute" wrote in message
\snip\
: My observation, contrary to yours, is that the most
: even-tempered people on the Usenet are those who have the satisfaction
: of creating something: Valve, a musician, and I, a novelist, might be
: astringent of tongue and not long-suffering of fools or impertinent
: louts, but you cannot say we are short-tempered; you have to say that
: Patrick Turner, an amp-builder, despite much provocation, is
: even-tempered; and so on. It seems to me that the nasties are people
: with dull jobs and lives, who take their frustration out on us.
:
: Most things are accomplished by introverts, not party-animals, and it has
: recently been discovered that these traits are not constant throughout life,
: but vary in the course of a lifetime, influenced by environment and other
: unquantifiable things. And you are quite right about accomplishment. It is
: a malady to have the critical faculty take control of one's life, somehow
: compensating for the creative faculty, which for lack of exercise, has
: wilted. Here I would note that psychology has long held, albeit without
: proof, that the human mind cannot exist in a disembodied brain. Were all
: sensory pathways to be disrupted, consciousness would supposedly be
: incapable of existence. For me, a cold bath, an overwhelming blast of
: sensory stimuli, is a helluva lot better than a cup of joe in restoring my
: own consciousness to a state of the highest tenor.
:
: If a city is far enough from one of great magnitude, it can develop
: miniatures of most world-class attractions. Philadelphia cannot do this. I
: made a film that was too racy for Philadelphia, yet too tame for NY. Yet I
: prefer quiet nights, and a two mile running course around my neighborhood, a
: neighborhood in which crime is extremely rare. But like many, I'm always
: desireous of what is not. Hence my aperiodic migrations.
:
: The crowds, traffic, and other afflictions you mention do not bother me when
: I treat NY as a walking town. I am bothered by the metamorphosis a
: dangerous town of radically creative people to a "city of bosses". This
: recently coined phrase refers to displacement by gentrification, the loss of
: diversity, replacement of coffee shops by dress shops, where studio
: apartments start at half a million. As a cultural incubator, NY's role is
: coming to an end, and Greenwich Village is no longer the storied place. But
: I gratefully accept the privilege of walking among the ghosts of the city by
: the sea.
:
: Creativity is a thing of the mind, but there will always be a need for a
: place where great, or merely aspiring minds, can come together to see the
: drama of ourselves.
:
: Bob Morein
: Dresher, PA
: (215) 646-4894
:
I did recommend you should go'n fly ultralights some time ago,
i'm happy to see that recording jazz works for you as well , Bob:-)

I don't know if you read German, in case you do, i can recommend
this october's issue of 'Sound & Recording'
http://www1.soundandrecording.de/mag.../10/index.html

cheers,
Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Ruud Broens Ruud Broens is offline

Default SOTA mags..."

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
:
: "Ruud Broens" wrote in message
: ...
:
: "Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
: ...

: : Creativity is a thing of the mind, but there will always be a need for a
: : place where great, or merely aspiring minds, can come together to see
: the drama of ourselves.
: :
: : Bob Morein
: : Dresher, PA
: : (215) 646-4894
: :
: I did recommend you should go'n fly ultralights some time ago,
: i'm happy to see that recording jazz works for you as well , Bob:-)
:
: It does work. As for ultralights, when I fly Flight Simulator, 90% of the
: time I do not crash. That's not good enough for the real world.
:
:
: I don't know if you read German, in case you do, i can recommend
: this october's issue of 'Sound & Recording'
: http://www1.soundandrecording.de/mag.../10/index.html
:
: cheers,
: Rudy
:
: Thanks. In aus.hi-fi, they were remarking that the German mags were the
: best, in terms of quality of the reviews. It is a shame they are not
: translated. Perhaps I should try Babelfish ?
:
: Bob Morein
: Dresher, PA
: (215) 646-4894
:
oh, yeah, and usually accompanied by some fine photography ;-)
i don't know if the magazine is published after some months time
online, a mag that _does_ that:
http://www.soundonsound.com/articles/Reviews.php

as i prefer the paper copy.
what you miss:
miking the Berliner Phil. a Neuman M50 Deccatree 5*, B&K 4006 2*
plus over 30 spot-mikes and 2 more M50's for back channel ambience
for the 5.1 soundtrack of the most expensive German movie to date,
'Das Parfum' , 50M eurii

M50 tube mike's, from the inventory of the Teldec studio's, Berlin.

Uli Frost, mad drum scientist article: this guy can deliver custom sound
in spades, in stock over 300 cymbals, over 3000 customized snare drums,
etc, etc. like Studer 16 track A80 tape to tape-compress sounds...

and loads more..
R.
R.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Peter Wieck: A Jackass of All Trades

Soundhaspriority wrote:

I have an idea. How about coming up to Greenwich Village next Sunday for
a recording session? Call me.

Mr. Morein, with respect, I do not spend my personal time with toxic
scum. Whether you see yourself as such depends on how you answer (or
not).

This coming weekend, my wife and I will be in New Hampshire trying out
our new(er) VW Camper with a long drive through the White Mountains,
then down through the Finger Lakes region of New York, finally down the
Endless Mountains of PA and thence back home. We enjoy cool-weather
camping, we enjoy noodling on the back roads and seeing what is to be
seen, and stopping at random for a time to investigate something of
interest a bit further. One of the nice things about being a "glorified
janitor" is that it allows us the time, income and opportunities to
indulge these whims.

I spend my critical teenage years living in Manhattan, I am familiar
with the scene and I do enjoy Jazz. But my enjoyment of live music
(8-20 times per year) emphatically does NOT mean listening to it
through a pair of headphones. That, I leave to those who get paid to
*record* rather than to listen.

As to my absolute lack of respect or tolerance for your non-related
activities, Mr. McCoy's inability to post _ANYTHING_ without it either
including a lie, an attack or a Munchausen Pose, and Mr. Middius'
entire inability to do anything but carp, whine and bleat... hey. What
the hell. Post even regionally on-topic, post even vaguely your own
opinions, discuss without attack, and I am that purring kitten that Mr.
Middius touched on. Watch carefully, by the way, I expect Mr. Glassgrey
any moment now.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Pzzt! Pzzt! is offline

"Soundhaspriority" in
rec.audio.tubesT9udneLjTvZh5szYnZ2dnUVZ_rednZ2d@g iganews.com:

Nah, your bad to the bone.

Tsk tsk. Wild assumptions backed up with bad grammar. You're both bad!

Or mistaken?

Multiply?
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:

Whined and bleated "poor me, poor me".

Let's just put it this way. We are different people with different
attitudes and different takes on appropriate behavior. This is USENET.
You may write whatever you damned well please about me and it will stay
in USENET. I am neither so irrational nor so sensitive as to take even
a single word of it personally. You in all your manifestations, McCoy
in all of its pretenses and so forth haven't the power to affect one
moment of my life excepting as I choose.

You, on the other hand seem to take all of this personally. Bluntly,
you would not even have caught my eye excepting that your and a couple
of other's sole interaction with USENET appears to be denegration,
attacks and the promulgation of random unsupported claims and lies.
Y'all get called on it, and all of a sudden you rear back in horror. A
VERY funny thing, it is, that your "artistic asses" should be in such a
twist when you cannot spew your lies without challenge.

Take that behavior somewhere else and I will be the least of your
worries.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

Default Peter Wieck: A Prince Of A Man

Soundhaspriority wrote:

I have an idea. How about coming up to Greenwich
Village next Sunday for
a recording session? Call me.

Mr. Morein, with respect, I do not spend my personal
time with toxic scum. Whether you see yourself as such
depends on how you answer (or not).

This coming weekend, my wife and I will be in New
Hampshire trying out our new(er) VW Camper with a long
drive through the White Mountains, then down through the
Finger Lakes region of New York, finally down the
Endless Mountains of PA and thence back home. We enjoy cool-weather
camping, we enjoy noodling on the back roads and seeing
what is to be seen, and stopping at random for a time to
investigate something of interest a bit further. One of
the nice things about being a "glorified janitor" is
that it allows us the time, income and opportunities to
indulge these whims.

I'm sorry that such a pursuit does not result in a more
copacetic person. Your presence on usenet is one
unremitting horror.

If irony killed.

Looks to me like Peter has a life that is not that dissimilar from mine. He
enjoys the out-of-doors, life with his family, and his day job. Contrast
that with you, Middius, the sockpuppet who posts as Jute, etc.

I spend "Spent", Peter.

Obsession with correcting trivial details noted.

You missed a tense.
my critical teenage years living in Manhattan, I am
familiar with the scene and I do enjoy Jazz. But my enjoyment of
live music (8-20 times per year) emphatically does NOT

mean listening to it through a pair of headphones.

I was not suggesting that you listen through phones. It
is an experience that I thought you might enjoy from the
cultural perspective. It was an opportunity for you to
meet and interact with the musicians, and bring yourself
up to date on the current milieu.

Just for the record, wearing headphones is not required for live recording.
I do about 90% of my live recording sessions without coming anywhere near
headphones.

As to my absolute lack of respect or tolerance for your
non-related activities, Mr. McCoy's inability to post
_ANYTHING_ without it either including a lie,

unfounded

Do you seriously think that Mr. McCoy generally tells the truth in his
posts? How's your relationship with the Easter Bunny?

an attack

justified, considering your unremitting hostility

Given your ludicrous behavior on and off of Usenet Morien, you would whine
about hostility? LOL!

or a Munchausen Pose,

you are less credible than he

and Mr. Middius'
entire inability to do anything but carp, whine and
bleat... hey

your specialty, champ.

Not at all. Like myself, Peter jumped into Usenet perfectly happy to just
talk about audio. It is you Morein who wants to turn everything into an
obsessive-compulsive psychodrama.

.What the hell. Post even regionally on-topic, post even
vaguely your own
opinions, discuss without attack, and I am that purring
kitten that Mr. Middius touched on.

Nah, your bad to the bone.

Copying your OCD posting style Morein, that should be "You're bad to the
bone".

Watch carefully, by the way, I expect Mr. Glassgrey
any moment now.

He is a published author, who writes entertainingly.

He's a sockpuppet who tells mostly reprehensible lies, but occasionally
entertaining lies.

You are a building manager.

It's blessed work. As the cliche goes, some of my best friends are building
managers. One of them owns a little company that has a million or more
square feet of prime retail space here in SE Michigan.

Your cultural accomplishments are zero.

As if that's a meaningful criteria for an observation like this, or one that
you Bob Morein, could stand to be judged by.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Soundhaspriority wrote:
I have extended the olive branch to that jackass of all trades several

times, but he bites it off.

I remind you of the Fox and the Scorpion.

A scorpion was wandering along the bank of the river, wondering how to
get to the other side. Suddenly he saw a fox. He asked the fox to take
him across the river.
The fox said, "No. If I do that, you'll sting me and I'll drown."
The scorpion assured him, "If I did that, we'd both drown."
The fox thought about it and finally agreed. So the scorpion climbed up
on his back and the fox began to swim. But halfway across the river,
the scorpion stung him.
As the poison filled his veins, the fox turned to the scorpion and
said, "Why did you do that? Now you'll drown too."
"I couldn't help it," said the scorpion. "It's my nature."

Mr. Morein, it is your nature, too. I choose not to swim with you,
however many times you may ask and however reasonable you may appear.
The fox learned this to his peril, I chose not to emulate him.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

Your cultural accomplishments are zero.

As if that's a meaningful criteria for an observation
like this, or one that you Bob Morein, could stand to be
judged by.

Arny, neither you, nor I, are members of the cultural
elite. Mr. Jute -- and he is entitled to use the pen name
he's used for his novels -- is entitled to make that
claim.

Presuming that the novelist and the Usenet poster are the same person. I
doubt it.

Mr. Wieck is not a prince, a pauper, a god, or a devil.
He is a man of somewhat better than average
accomplishments, but that's the extent of it.

That puts him way ahead of most who would pretend to judge him.

In fact, Arny, compared to Mr. Wieck, I extend to you my
compliments. You are far more concerned with audio than
he is. Mr. Wieck is on a continuous rant.

Wieck continues to make audio-related posts. I don't know why they aren't
visible to everybody.

I have extended
the olive branch to that jackass of all trades several
times, but he bites it off.

I find Mr. Wieck to be a kindred soul that is reasonably tolerant of fools,
but just reasonably tolerant.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Peter Wieck: A Prince Of A Jackass

Soundhaspriority wrote:

And I remind you of an aphorism: You reap what you sow.

Each and every day, yes I do. And I sleep well at night as it happens.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Soundhaspriority wrote:
I have extended the olive branch to that jackass of all trades several

times, but he bites it off.

I remind you of the Fox and the Scorpion.

And I remind you of an aphorism: You reap what you sow.

If irony killed!

Actually, as messed up as your life has turned out Bob, it looks like you're
a walking, talking poster boy for that particular aphorism.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Worthless Wiecky, a confused little man, was Peter Wieck: A Prince Of A Man

Bob Morein wrote to that other confused little man Arnie "I spoke in
error" Krueger:

Arny, neither you, nor I, are members of the cultural elite. Mr. Jute -- and
he is entitled to use the pen name he's used for his novels -- is entitled
to make that claim.

Oh dear. It is a method of the worthless scum which infests the usenet
to claim that those who are patently superior to them are not who they
say they are; it is a way for worthless scum to inflate their own
apparent importance. You shouldn't encourage this scum by believing
what they say without checking independently.

For instance, here you have taken the word of the proven liar Worthless
Wiecky that my name is not my own! Who knows his name better than the
owner of the name?

Far from believing such scum, you should make them prove every point of
fact they allege. Since dealing with such liars can consume the rest of
one's life, I tend just to ignore them.

I was christened Andre Jute. Andrew McCoy is the pseudonym.

Andre Jute

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Andrew Jute McCoy Bleated:

Do as I say, not as I do.

Try proving your allegations first. Show us how it is done. Proof, by
the way, means evidence that a disinterested third party would find
irrefutable. Not what you and your chosen sock-puppets and illusory
sources create of whole cloth. That sort of crap is called the
"Bellman's Proof", and the stuff of politics and propaganda, not
reason.

You have a dismal history of attack posts going back many years, not a
single one offered with a shread of proof. Once again, when your ilk
gets called on its blathers, rants and denegrations, it rears up on its
delicate little "artistic" ass and cries FOUL.

Sorry. Won't wash any more if it ever did.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA