David Grant

Default Monitor stands

Since my previous post (quik-lok monitor stands) received no replies, let me
reword my question:

Can someone give me an idea of how important a sturdy pair of stands are? I
have the money to invest in something good but don't want to if it's not
especially necessary.

Thanks,

Dave

Scott Dorsey

David Grant wrote:
Since my previous post (quik-lok monitor stands) received no replies, let me
reword my question:

Can someone give me an idea of how important a sturdy pair of stands are? I
have the money to invest in something good but don't want to if it's not
especially necessary.

Yes, rigid stands are essential.

Wooden boxes full of lead shot are nice and rigid. Old cinderblocks are
just fine too.

If you want to spend more for something that looks better than a pile of
cinderblocks, you can.

Mike T.

On Fri, 20 May 2005 07:41:12 -0400, "David Grant"
wrote:

Since my previous post (quik-lok monitor stands) received no replies, let me
reword my question:

Can someone give me an idea of how important a sturdy pair of stands are? I
have the money to invest in something good but don't want to if it's not
especially necessary.

Thanks,

Dave

The stands give you the freedom to put the monitors where you want
them, but almost anything will do if it puts the monitors in the right
place and doesn't obstruct the dispersion of the HF. I always pus some
acoustic damping material between the monitor and the stand, to avoid
any resonance.
Mike T.

Hey Dave,
Built my 4' monitor stands from black PVC and wood. Filled the PVC
with sand and placed
an Auralex 'wegie' between the speaker and the shelf. Works great,
doesn't resonate. Won't impress clients, but the price was right. :)

DaveT

Jonny Durango

David Grant wrote:
Since my previous post (quik-lok monitor stands) received no replies, let me
reword my question:

Can someone give me an idea of how important a sturdy pair of stands are? I
have the money to invest in something good but don't want to if it's not
especially necessary.

Thanks,

Dave

Want a good speaker stand? Find something heavy that goes "thud" when
you tap it....I like cinder blocks myself.... Good luck =)

Jonny Durango

GKB

Occasionaly i see people hang them from the ceiling , although
it doesn't seem like a good idea , you can't see the speaker move ,
easy or conveient , i guess

regards Greg