NDB

Default Interfacing Low-Output Guitar Effects Processor Directly to Power Amplifier

Hello All,

I have a Boss GT-6 Guitar Processor that I would like to run directly into a
power amp. From what I've been told by an informed source, the output of
the GT-6 is not strong enough to drive a power amplifier expecting a line
level signal to full power. Here are the specs of the GT-6:

Nominal Input Level INPUT: -10 dBu, RETURN: -10 dBu
Input Impedance INPUT: 1 Mohms, RETURN: 220 kohms
Nominal Output Level OUTPUT: 0 dBu, SEND: -10dBu
Output Impedance OUTPUT: 2 kohms, SEND: 2 kohms

The power amplifier in question has the following specs:

Input Sensitivity @ 8 ohms: 1.0Vrms
Input Sensitivity @ 4 ohms: 0.9Vrms
Input Impedance: 6 k ohms unbalanced, 12 k ohms balanced
Gain: 32 dB

Based on this, is it correct to assume that the GT-6 will not be able to
drive the amplifier to full power? If yes, what do I need to do to correct
this? Would a DI box like a LR Baggs Para-Acoustic DI do the trick?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Nenshad

A One-Man Jazz Band? Believe it!