Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] ajhclarke@gmail.com is offline

Default Disable SCMS on Pioneer PDR-609 and use ordinary discs?

does anyone have a 'fix' on how to get the Pioneer CD burner to ignore
SCMS so I don't have to rely on expensive and increasingly hard to
find 'audio only' blank discs? I still have lots of my LPs to
transcribe, so this would be really useful.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
anthony anthony is offline

On May 14, 10:59 am, Sonnova wrote:
On Mon, 12 May 2008 19:46:34 -0700, wrote
(in article ):

does anyone have a 'fix' on how to get the Pioneer CD burner to ignore
SCMS so I don't have to rely on expensive and increasingly hard to
find 'audio only' blank discs? I still have lots of my LPs to
transcribe, so this would be really useful.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

It can't be done. That SCMS is inside a chip on the recorder's circuit board.
There is no way to defeat it - even with a soldering iron. You should have
done a little research before you purchased and bought a professional CD
recorder instead of a consumer unit. These " pro" recorders are available
from companies such as TEAC, TASCAM, Marantz, Alesis, etc. from US$300 up.
Most seem to be around US$500. None of them have SCMS and most will record to
both CD-R and CD-RW. Here is a link to a popular US music/recording outlet
which will give you a general idea of what's available:

http://tinyurl.com/4zgjhu

Thanks for the advice, but those units are hugely expensive here in
Australia. I bought the Pioneer very cheaply on Ebay -- in the light
of what you say, maybe all I need do is source a handful of rewritable
CD-Audio for Consumer discs and keep using those, since my computer
program happily rips from disc, ignoring the SCMS tag. I have to copy
to computer anyway, so that I can judiciously apply Adobe Audition or
Pristine Sounds to very gently declick...... then I can spit out the
finished product onto a regular CD, erase the rewritable and start all
over again.....
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Codifus Codifus is offline

On May 14, 7:03*pm, anthony wrote:
[...]

over again.....- Hide quoted text -

You have a computer and Adobe Audtion. Why not spend about $100 US and
get a decent soundcard then simply record your vinyl straight to your
computer, or as it should now be called, record to your digital audio
workstation?

CD