boz

Default help with TEAC (Esoteric) P2 / D2

Hello, I'm pretty new to this group.

I currently own a 4 years old NAD 522 CD player. A friend of mine who
owns very high end stuff proposed me to buy his TEAC (Esoteric) P2 /
D2 for about 1075 Euros ($1340) plus my NAD which he would give (sell
I suppose) to a friend who needs a basic player.

I had the P2 / D2 at home for 1 month and the level of musicality,
detail, timbre, dynamics were of course outstanding compared to my
NAD. My only concern is with its age (should I need to clean the
inside, change parts, etc...). Also maybe I could save some more money
and wait for a TEAC DV 50 universal player (but is it superior to the
P2 / D2 for CDs? )

What do you think about this? I have to take a quick decision. I
mostly listen to classical (being a musician myself) and own a large
CD collection. I'm also turning back towards vinyl, but that's another
history!

Thanks for help!
Randy Fishman

There's a P2 on sale at Audiogon for $2500 (it was $7500 new). So $1340
for the pair P2/D2 sounds like an incredible deal and your friend
is really making a gift of this stuff for you. Due to age, the
transport may need some servicing in the next few years. But I'd
grab it.

Randy

Esoteric DV-50 Peter High End Audio 4 December 9th 03 05:35 PM
FS Parts for Teac/ Tascam rtr recorders MrMarksMusic Audio Opinions 0 October 5th 03 10:18 PM
FS Parts for Teac/ Tascam rtr recorders MrMarksMusic General 0 October 5th 03 10:17 PM
teac pd-265 cd player Sharon Leigh General 2 August 6th 03 03:12 PM
Best Teac R2R deck Rich Andrews Audio Opinions 1 July 21st 03 04:49 PM