Posted to rec.audio.pro
guitara guitara is offline

Default How to firmly attach my iphone on a microphone stand?

Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Posted to rec.audio.pro

guitara wrote:
Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Car dashboard mount, but you'd need to make an adaptor to hold that onto
the stand. Gaffer tape?

Or is appearance important?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"guitara" wrote in message

Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a
microphone stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using
something like a clip or clamp, so that I can leave it
there for like a day. i don't want to simply hang it on
the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any
suggestions? Thanks!

There is a standard microphone stand accessory that is like a spring-loaded
clip.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musician's-Gear-ClipType-Microphone-Holder?sku=276011

I think even Radio Shack have these.

These are for attaching goosenecks to tables, but you can reverse their
function and use them to clamp onto something and attach it to a mic stand:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...amp?sku=450486

This one could be used to velcro something flat to a mic stand:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ket?sku=452074

This one could be used to grab the sides of something:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com...ku=H06486#used

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On 3/10/2011 1:55 PM, guitara wrote:

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

I saw a gadget at CES that would do that the Breffo
Spiderpodium.
http://www.breffo.com/about.html

It has legs that bend and grip. There's a picture of it
attached to a mic stand in the CES 2011 show report on my
web page.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ralph Barone Ralph Barone is offline

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:

guitara wrote:
Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Car dashboard mount, but you'd need to make an adaptor to hold that onto
the stand. Gaffer tape?

Or is appearance important?

Close, but not quite...
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iklip/features/

Much better...
http://www.amazon.com/Tools-Telepad-.../dp/B003MIBZMO

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Richard Kuschel Richard Kuschel is offline

On Mar 10, 11:55*am, guitara wrote:
Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Use the one for a bicycle handlebar on a mic stand

http://www.ram-mount.com/NewProducts...8/Default.aspx
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Shaun Shaun is offline

"guitara" wrote in message
Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

just uses duct tape!

shaun

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fran Guidry Fran Guidry is offline

On Mar 10, 11:55*am, guitara wrote:
Hi,

For some reason, i would like to attach my iphone on a microphone
stand. And I want it be firmly attached, using something like a clip
or clamp, so that I can leave it there for like a day. i don't want to
simply hang it on the stand.

But I can't find the right accessory.You guys have any suggestions?
Thanks!

I use a stereo bar and a pair of spring mic clips. My iPhone has a
fairly robust cover that takes the bite of the clips. This rig makes
it fairly easy to leave the camera in the clear, which is the purpose
of mounting the phone.

This blog post includes a pic of an earlier version using flexi
universal mic clips: http://www.homebrewedmusic.com/2010/...d-vs-iphone-4/
but I've switched to spring clips lately.

Fran