Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Default The digital music download revolution

http://digitalmusicnews.com/stories/030111eight

http://armadillomusicproductions.com/who'slistening.html
http://www.sonicbids.com/HankandShai...withDougHarman
Posted to rec.audio.pro

hank alrich wrote:

http://digitalmusicnews.com/stories/030111eight

Tbanks!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:
hank alrich wrote:

http://digitalmusicnews.com/stories/030111eight

Tbanks!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Did '8-tracks' ever take of anywhere in the world other than the USA ? I've
never seen or heard of one other than from Yanks....

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:
Peter Larsen wrote:
hank alrich wrote:

http://digitalmusicnews.com/stories/030111eight

Tbanks!

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Did '8-tracks' ever take of anywhere in the world other than the USA ? I've
never seen or heard of one other than from Yanks....

They were quite popular in the UK until cassette turned out to be
smaller and more reliable, with a better selsction of music. Auto
reverse on car cassette players helped, too.

Ignoring the relative ease of making your own compilations on Cassette,
as that was, and is, totally illegal here....
--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

geoff wrote:

Did '8-tracks' ever take of anywhere in the world other than the USA
? I've never seen or heard of one other than from Yanks....

They were on the market in Denmark and Sweden, but not a major success, I
had an 8 track player with FM radio insert and 4 tapes in my green Morris
Minor Estate. Empty tapes were not available to I re-recorded one of the
prerecorded tapes and put an early recording of mine on it - using the
X1800SD - so as to listen to it in the car.

geoff

Kind regards

Peter Larsen