Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Clyde's Steel-Trap Mind

OK, so you want to buy a new car and the "cash for clunkers" is a better deal
than the trade-in value of your old car. Clyde the Sackburger tells us that if
you bring in your heap missing the audio head unit, the deal is off!

It pains me to say this, but I'll bet not even Scottie Witlessmongrel would
make a claim that dumb.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default George's Cauliflower Ears

On 5 aug., 04:27, George M. Middius wrote:
OK, so you want to buy a new car and the "cash for clunkers" is a better deal
than the trade-in value of your old car. Clyde the Sackburger tells us that if
you bring in your heap missing the audio head unit, the deal is off!

It pains me to say this, but I'll bet not even Scottie Witlessmongrel would
make a claim that dumb.

I never said any such thing. I never said anything about what an owner
can or cannot take out of a clunker before he relinquishes it.
I was talking about what can or cannot be removed from a clunker by
the dealer, crusher, etc. after it is relinquished and officially
labelled as
a clunker. You know that, you just enjoy being a liar.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Aug 5, 9:19*am, Clyde Slick wrote:
On 5 aug., 04:27, George M. Middius wrote:

OK, so you want to buy a new car and the "cash for clunkers" is a better deal
than the trade-in value of your old car. Clyde the Sackburger tells us that if
you bring in your heap missing the audio head unit, the deal is off!

It pains me to say this, but I'll bet not even Scottie Witlessmongrel would
make a claim that dumb.

I never said any such thing. I never said anything about what an owner
can or cannot take out of a clunker before he relinquishes it.
I was talking about what can or cannot be removed from a clunker by
the dealer, crusher, etc. after it is relinquished and officially
labelled as
a clunker. You know that, you just enjoy being a liar.

The dealers are stripping them blind, swapping tires, seats, you name
it. I already found out a case where a dealer had a BMW swapped of the
engine and trans it came with (they had Alpina and Metric Mechanic
upgrades) for ones barely runnable out of a junk yard and "destroyed"
that one.

Can't blame them.