Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chris F.[_2_] Chris F.[_2_] is offline

Default For Sale : Marantz PMD-222 Cassette Recorders

I have several of these units to sell. Each has been serviced (head cleaning
/ demagnetizing / azimuth adjustment, speed calibration, etc.) and fully
tested and includes my 30-day shop guarantee. Asking $100 each. Please
contact me for more details.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Audiofan Audiofan is offline

"Chris F." wrote in message
I have several of these units to sell. Each has been serviced (head
cleaning / demagnetizing / azimuth adjustment, speed calibration, etc.) and
fully tested and includes my 30-day shop guarantee. Asking $100 each.
Please contact me for more details.

When I first saw this ad, I thought it might have been for a Marantz I once
had from 1975 or so. It had a chrome front, was large and bulky overall,
but I always loved the built-in compressor it had. I can't recall the model
now, but at one point, these "tanks" were going for $300+ on ePay.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Audiofan wrote:
"Chris F." wrote in message
I have several of these units to sell. Each has been serviced (head
cleaning / demagnetizing / azimuth adjustment, speed calibration, etc.) and
fully tested and includes my 30-day shop guarantee. Asking $100 each.
Please contact me for more details.

When I first saw this ad, I thought it might have been for a Marantz I once
had from 1975 or so. It had a chrome front, was large and bulky overall,
but I always loved the built-in compressor it had. I can't recall the model
now, but at one point, these "tanks" were going for $300+ on ePay.

The 222 is the last of the Marantz mono portables. Three heads, remarkably
low flutter for a cassette deck, and yes they have the built-in limiter.
They really are one of the best tools out there for radio reporting since they
are a lot more rugged than most of the digital boxes, they can run on D
batteries in a pinch, you can get blank media in the middle of the Sahara
and even radio reporters can operate them. Voice grade, but good voice grade.