Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Is this college level writing? I am somewhat skeptical

I hate to bust this guy's chops, but it does not really flow that
well. It has a stilted air, and reads as though an ESL student in high
school wrote it. Check it out for yourself:

"Wordism Essay

The following is an essay that I submitted in my English Composition
class. It is my sincerest hope that you will enjoy reading it as much
as I did writing it.

The Affects of Organized Religion on American Society:
A Perspective of Loyalty

There are two types of loyalty that one can subscribe to; loyalty to
the book, wordism, or loyalty to kin. Wordism is Universalist; they
claim to have the words to unite mankind. Wordist loyalty is divided
into millions of factions, each proclaiming that they and they alone
have the proper set of words. A Marxist can be just as wordist as an
extreme muslim who is just as wordist as the televangelist, who says
to the poor folks in Appalachia, Jesus wants you to adopt a starving
colored boy, AMEN!

Organized Religion is one arm of wordism. The members have devoted
their loyalty to what is contained in the book or the official decrees
from the lords. These decrees and interpretations have a way of
changing. An interpretation one way, may change tomorrow and what was
righteous, holy, and morally sound yesterday, may as well be the fecal
material of Lucifer today. However these sudden changes in loyalty
are dangerous to anyone who is in the business of loyalty, because
said wordists will justify their stabbing of you in the back with some
obscure misinterpreted passage in their book.

When these states were united in confederation, there existed anti-
miscegenation laws on the books of every state. While the anti-
miscegenation case of Loving V. Virginia, 1967 was before the supreme
court, the churches took the time to say to the congregation “that it
matters not what color they are but as long as they are members of the
faith.” It doesn’t matter what the kid is going to look like or how
he feels, all that matters is that the parents were “in love” and
united by the right words. The Supreme Court called the anti-
miscegenation laws “unconstitutional.” This display of wordism
supported judicial activism and paved the groundwork for the now
infamous case called Roe V. Wade, 1973 and they wonder just WHERE the
court attained such a power! Suddenly, because it crossed THEIR book,
judicial activism was Lucifer’s poop.

In the 1980’s when in vitro fertilization was a hot topic, the
professional Pro-Lifers argued that it should be banned because it
destroyed a few embryos in the process. They claimed that the life of
the embryo was as precious as a human’s and that it was morally wrong
and damming its soul to hell because it would die unbaptized, and that
it was irresponsible when you could adopt a starving colored boy.
However it was the infertile woman’s duty to keep trying and losing
the fertilized embryos by natural means. The difference? It was the
lab. Today there are over one-hundred-thousand people alive in the US
due to in vitro fertilization. All of which were wanted, which
cannot be said about random birth.

Today the issue is embryonic stem cells. They say the same things
they said about in vitro. However, the parity of life between a blob
of cells and a human who is suffering always goes to the suffering
human. They insist that every moment of human life is infinitely
precious. They care not that you actually live with any quality of
life, but that your heart beats. These people are hardly Pro-Life,
they are pro-heart thump! This is what their wordism requires of them
at the moment.

When wordism claims to unite society in a Universalist doctrine, it
brings few if any positives to society. Wordism destroys freedom of
speech and thought, for at the moment you disagree with what the book
of the wordists says, you don’t just disagree, you are a HERETIC, and
Heretics were traditionally punished with execution. "

((Needless to say, its content is quite correct. Bret.))

http://www.whitakeronline.org/blog/2...wordism-essay/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 5, 3:27*pm, Bret L wrote:
*I hate to bust this guy's chops, but it does not really flow that
well. It has a stilted air, and reads as though an ESL student in high
school wrote it. Check it out for yourself:

Lots of big words don't make a writer good, Bratzi.

If you don't believe me you could try to enroll in a college-level
writing course.

You see, as a writer you suck.

LOL!