Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default I wonder why...

....somebody with extremely poor communication skills would want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 2, 10:59�pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
...somebody with extremely poor communication skills would want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.

I used to think the same about Arny. I've noticed that Scott has sunk
down to the "thanks for admitting" debating trade trick Arny used to
employ. For someone who constantly ranted about the amount of time we
wasted on Arny, he sure seems committed to reminding us about him.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
...somebody with extremely poor communication skills would want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.

I used to think the same about Arny. I've noticed that Scott has sunk
down to the "thanks for admitting" debating trade trick Arny used to
employ. For someone who constantly ranted about the amount of time we
wasted on Arny, he sure seems committed to reminding us about him.

I think 2pid's well-known anger issues blind him to seeing how he
comes across. When you couple that with his borderline intelligence
and inability to communicate you have some real problems.

GOIA was simply insane. LOL!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
TT TT is offline

"vinyl anachronist" wrote in
message
wrote:
...somebody with extremely poor communication skills would
want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.

I used to think the same about Arny. I've noticed that Scott
has sunk
down to the "thanks for admitting" debating trade trick Arny
used to
employ. For someone who constantly ranted about the amount
of time we
wasted on Arny, he sure seems committed to reminding us
about him.

I wonder why this group is missing out on this golden
opportunity to get back on track, now that AK has left?

Or perhaps the energy that used to be wasted on Arny could
now be directed at persuading Brett to stop posting all his
off topic garbage.

Just a few of my wonderings.

Cheers TT

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

"vinyl anachronist" wrote in

wrote:
...somebody with extremely poor communication skills would
want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.

I used to think the same about Arny. I've noticed that Scott
has sunk
down to the "thanks for admitting" debating trade trick Arny
used to
employ. For someone who constantly ranted about the amount
of time we
wasted on Arny, he sure seems committed to reminding us
about him.

I wonder why this group is missing out on this golden
opportunity to get back on track, now that AK has left?

Or perhaps the energy that used to be wasted on Arny could
now be directed at persuading Brett to stop posting all his
off topic garbage.

Just a few of my wonderings.

Bret is attempting to talk about audio, but his threads are so
exclusionary and he seems incapable of having a dialogue with anyone.
He's turning into an objectivist troll over Harbeth. In addition, both
he and ScottW are spamming the group with off-topic posts and that
seems to be killing the group more than anything.

It's not just RAO. I've seen plenty of other audio groups grow tired
and boring and implosive in the last two years. Could it be that you
can only talk about audio so much before you lapse into the same old
subjectivist vs. objectivist patterns? I mean, what else is there left
to say? Bring up something new, and the old timers dismiss it as snake
oil. But limiting yourself to the fundamentals is excruciating at best
for those who are in it for the music.

The only real reason to participate on RAO these days is for the
personalities. You know, that may not be such a bad thing if you cut
out the loonies.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

wrote:
...somebody with extremely poor communication skills would want to
engage in a text-only forum.

It doesn't seem like a very smart thing to do. LoL.

I used to think the same about Arny. I've noticed that Scott has sunk
down to the "thanks for admitting" debating trade trick Arny used to
employ. For someone who constantly ranted about the amount of time we
wasted on Arny, he sure seems committed to reminding us about him.

I think 2pid's well-known anger issues blind him to seeing how he
comes across. When you couple that with his borderline intelligence
and inability to communicate you have some real problems.

Actually, I think I have it figured out. I was dealing with a female
acquaintance who was acting just like Scott. She kept sending me links
to right-wing blogs, telling me I didn't know what was going on, etc.
She wore black for a week after Obama's inauguration because she was
in mourning. I swear it was just like dealing with Scott, only it was
real life and not RAO.

Then I was told by a mutual friend that she's suffering from severe
menopause coupled with clinical depression. Once she was diagnosed and
started receiving treatment, she starting to apologize to everyone
about the way she'd been acting.

So Scott's problem is male menopause. Ta-dahhh!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

vinyl anachronist said:

Then I was told by a mutual friend that she's suffering from severe
menopause coupled with clinical depression. Once she was diagnosed and
started receiving treatment, she starting to apologize to everyone
about the way she'd been acting.

So Scott's problem is male menopause. Ta-dahhh!

So we have to get his doctor to up his estrogen? I'm lost here.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 3, 10:42�pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
vinyl anachronist said:

Then I was told by a mutual friend that she's suffering from severe
menopause coupled with clinical depression. Once she was diagnosed and
started receiving treatment, she starting to apologize to everyone
about the way she'd been acting.

So Scott's problem is male menopause. Ta-dahhh!

So we have to get his doctor to up his estrogen? I'm lost here.

I'm sure some sort of hormone therapy would do the trick.