Julian Vereker

Default Very special cartridge

Hello,

I am to choose a cartridge for my new Rega Planar Mk 3. But it must be
something very special. My beloved repertoire is opera arias and
small (mainly male) choirs singing acapella. No rock, no jazz combo,
not even symphonic orchestra.

I don't care about the bass and extreme highs. But I do want perfect
vocal reproduction. I wanna hear Maria Callas right in my room, solid,
tangible and three-dimensional. If any deviation from neutrality is
allowed (well, my budget is about USD 500) it's only toward the warm,
sweet, romantic reproduction. And of course the holographic images and
pinpoint detail but with all the subtleties rather than the
laser-sharpness. Can be MM or MC. I need something like midrange taken from
say, Dynavector Te Kaitora put in a poor man's cartridge.

Which one do you suggest?

BTW. If I could afford something more expensive, what maximum price or
just what models are sensible with this turntable ?

TIA

Sam Stark

The cartrdge is easy get a Dynavector 10X but you really need at least a
tubed pre to bring the vinyl to life.

"Julian Vereker" wrote in message
[...]

What is this cartridge on my turntable ? David Winter Audio Opinions 0 May 12th 04 10:07 PM
Phono cartridge upgrade for Stanton Str8-20 (cheap turntable)? Bruce J. Richman Audio Opinions 1 March 26th 04 06:34 AM
Very special cartridge Julian Vereker Audio Opinions 15 October 17th 03 12:23 AM
New cartridge time Paul High End Audio 3 August 8th 03 05:09 AM
Cartridge is stuck in player DJConti High End Audio 0 July 17th 03 03:09 AM