Matt Warnock

Default LCD Screen installation

I just purchased a Lillitput 7" LCD touch screen. They seem pretty popular
so I'm looking for anyone who has installed on in their vehicle that might
have some pictures of their installs or any instructions on the
installation. I have the stand w/ adhesive to use. Any type of install
would be appreciated because I need to put it in 2 different ways in the
next few months. I have a 99 Ford Ranger for the next few months and I'm
getting a new WRX after that. I'd like to sort of temporarily install it in
the truck and then do something nicer in the car. Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

MZ

I just purchased a Lillitput 7" LCD touch screen. They seem pretty
popular
so I'm looking for anyone who has installed on in their vehicle that might
have some pictures of their installs or any instructions on the
installation. I have the stand w/ adhesive to use. Any type of install
would be appreciated because I need to put it in 2 different ways in the
next few months. I have a 99 Ford Ranger for the next few months and I'm
getting a new WRX after that. I'd like to sort of temporarily install it

in
the truck and then do something nicer in the car. Any advice would be
appreciated! Thanks!

I've got a Xenarc 7" touchscreen. I installed it in the double-din space
where the radio was. It was slightly taller than the radio but not quite as
long. I'm still waiting for the custom shroud (to match my car's wood
interior panels) to arrive from Canada, so right now it's pretty ugly. But
here's a preliminary pic just so you can see how I positioned it...

http://mdz.no-ip.org/temp/Dashleft.jpg

(sorry for the large file)

Matt Warnock

Very cool idea putting it in the double din space. Do you not have any
other head unit? I'd like to get a CD Player w/ a second input to run the
audio of the car computer, and CD's I put in it.

How did you keep it attached? With a molding around it, that's gonna look
great!

"MZ" wrote in message
[...]

MZ

Very cool idea putting it in the double din space. Do you not have any
other head unit? I'd like to get a CD Player w/ a second input to run the
audio of the car computer, and CD's I put in it.

I just use the computer. I have no need for a cd player, since all my CDs
are encoded into high bitrate mp3s.

How did you keep it attached? With a molding around it, that's gonna

look
great!

There's a track on the back that the stand is supposed to slide into. I
stuck an L-bracket into it and screwed the L-bracket to the places where the
radio normally attaches. Then I attached two more stabilizing L-brackets
with contact cement to the back of the LCD, and then scewed those into the
side of the bracket that the radio normally attaches to.

fixed my installation MZ Car Audio 6 March 26th 04 08:18 AM
WTB....Indash Screen w/DVD player Douglas Conder Car Audio 0 March 14th 04 05:02 PM
frequency of Best Buy free installation deal ? flicker Car Audio 24 March 3rd 04 03:28 PM
Lanzar Vibe 230 power amp installation Predestin8 Car Audio 0 January 13th 04 10:42 PM
Where to get In-Dash Touch screen LCD ? Guillaume Fournier Car Audio 1 July 22nd 03 04:30 PM