steve

Default DECENT head unit installation kit ?

I've been looking for a good installation kit for a 1994 Pontiac
Firebird, but there doesn't seem to be one out there. The only one i've
seen is set up for shaft mount (wtf?) and you have to modify it to use
a DIN head unit with it. Seriously...who puts a shaft mount in a modern
car ???!!!

Is there such thing as a GOOD DIN specific installation kit for these
cars ?

Also, does anyone have info about the delco 10 speaker system that came
in these cars ?

Eddie Runner

the current kits manytimes have a removaeable plate
for shaft units, it pops out pretty easily, I think your
confused.

Eddie
http://www.teamrocs.com

steve wrote:

I've been looking for a good installation kit for a 1994 Pontiac
Firebird, but there doesn't seem to be one out there. The only one i've
seen is set up for shaft mount (wtf?) and you have to modify it to use
a DIN head unit with it. Seriously...who puts a shaft mount in a modern
car ???!!!

Is there such thing as a GOOD DIN specific installation kit for these
cars ?

Also, does anyone have info about the delco 10 speaker system that came
in these cars ?

steve

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-xXt6ui4...00&I=120993009

There is the kit in question.

Upon closer inspection of the pictures, the cutting appears the be
minimal, but i just dont understand why anyone would want to install a
shaft mount in place of the factory radio, when in most cases the
factory radio would surpass the shaft mount by far.