JB2

http://www.edesignaudio.com/

--
JB2
JB2's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=32739
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211361

Mr. Bigstuff

Default Best place to buy sound dampening?

Dynamat or the like...know any good places to buy? Not a lot just enough for
my car. Thanks.

I love Edsels

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:55:26 -0500, "Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote:

Dynamat or the like...know any good places to buy? Not a lot just enough for
my car. Thanks.

I found 4-sq foot 'wedge pack' for about $30 at car stereo stores in
Seattle and Portland. Last summer I used $300 worth in my 97 Ranger,
just doing the doors and not the cab wall behind the seat.
'Not a lot, just enough for my car' is what I thought when it all
started. Sort of the way it goes with crack. Or so I've heard. I don't
really have any knowledge about that sort of thing. Yeah, that's
right - just what I read in the papers, yeah, that's the ticket.

Tom
Seattle

Brandonb

www.bquiet.com

They have their own stuff that compares well with Dynamat, and if you
want, you can even buy Dynamat for cheaper than other places through them.

Brandonb

Mr. Bigstuff wrote:

Dynamat or the like...know any good places to buy? Not a lot just enough for
my car. Thanks.

MOSFET

OK, if you are looking for bottom of the barrel cheap, I mean dirt ass poor
cheap, I used this stuff on the back hatch of my '99 Suburu Forester and it
worked great:

Gardner Wet-R-Dri
All Weather Plastic Roof Cement
Despite what the name implies, it is an asphalt based (like Dynamat) roof
patching compound. It comes in gallon cans and it has the consistency of
putty, it must be spread with a putty knife. It takes about two weeks to
cure and it stinks to high heaven (if you've ever smelled original Dynamat
you know what I'm talking about).

Anyway, you can't beat the price: $6.00 a gallon!!!!
That covers 12 square feet 1/8 inch thick.

You can get this stuff at any hardware or roofing supply store. It's wierd,
but it works great. It completely cured my rear hatch from resonating.

MOSFET

"Mr. Bigstuff" sd! wrote in message
Dynamat or the like...know any good places to buy? Not a lot just enough

for
my car. Thanks.

loulax07

www.secondskinaudio.com

--
loulax07

loulax07's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=20366
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211361

Vestax05pro

www.raamaudio.com

--
Vestax05pro

Vestax05pro's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...hp?userid=7766
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=211361

www.partsexpress.com sells their house brand really cheap like .90.sf
and it works great. your paying a lot for the name with dynamat