Tom Campbell

Default Synth output to XLR inputs on Roland VS-1880?

There are times when I want to use the Roland VS-1880 as a glorified
mixer/effects box. I have several synths controlled by Cubase SX via
MIDI. They go into the VS-1880, which outputs from the master back to
my Tascam US-122, which has only a right and a left audio input. I got
a new synth & want to plug it in, but there are no more 1/4" jacks
left on the VS-1880. Can I use one of those XLR-1/4" adapter cables
and plug the synth into the XLR inputs on the 1880?