Stewart Pinkerton

On 14 Aug 2005 10:17:22 -0700, wrote:

Pinkerton says: (message 1594, August 14)
"You are a liar and a crook. I referred *specifically* to KEF, who ran
with B&O in Denmark a large-scale Eureka project called Archimedes, on
speaker/room interactions, using DBT methods extensively. This led
directly to the development of the Uni-Q drivers and to the 'pod'
cabinet designs pioneered by B&W. Interesting that your version of
Google seems quite different from everone else's.
http://www.beoworld.co.uk/archimedes.htm
Tells the story - took all of five seconds on Google to make the link.
You are a liar and a crook. "

Using all these resources B&O achieved mediocre loudspeakers in pretty
boxes.

You really are a sad sack of ****. Have you ever heard the Lab 5,
developed directly from the Archimedes project? It is by *any*
standard a superb loudspeaker - with the bonus that it looks quite
stunning, as with all B&O products. It's even good value at ten grand,
considering what's in it.

Pray Milaird what has it all to do with A POSITIVE REPORT OF COMPARING
COMPONENTS BY ABX?

That's how they worked on the Archimedes project (as they do every day
at Harman International, KEF, B&W,. Meridian etc etc etc) , as noted
in the link I cited, or can you also not read?

You ARE desperate aren't you?

Nope, I'm simply adding more weight to the evidence that you are a
crook and a liar.

Ludovic Mirabel
Any more about Appalachians? (see my message 1581, Aug.13)

Clearly, your home territory......................

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:27:07 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:28:59 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

They also
have to be designed to extreme usage in a wide variety of
environmental conditions and long-term mileage requirements (and yes,
I'm aware of Volvo's reputation in this regard - another line that one
would hardly call "cutting edge performance").

Well they do have a 4WD wagon with 2.5 liter inline 5 that produces 300
hp
which incidentally amounts to more per liter than the BMW and Audi
Pinkerton
was blathering about.

Shame you don't know much about cars. We were discussing *normally
aspirated* engines, not puffers.

Bull****. Volvo was the sub subject. Perhaps you should put down the
bottle for a change, you old drunk.

Stoopi seems to have the same problem that Arny frequently has. With
numerous fights in progress with everyone imaginable, he forgets what he is
fighting about. And being an alcoholic doesn't probably help.

Actually, the 'sub subject' was cutting edge performance. Do try to
keep up, dear.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:43:38 GMT, MINe 109
wrote:

In article tgKLe.4066$Ji.968@lakeread02,
"ScottW" wrote:

Horse****, there was *zero* terrorism in Iraq before

I guess when the dictator is doing he killing it isn't called terrorism.

That's correct.

As for Israel, and of course America - but Americans like to keep
their terrorism and torture offshore.......................

Ironic that The Land of the Free keeps its favourite illegal torture
site on Cuba. The original George must be doing about 3,000 rpm in his
grave.................................

dave weil

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:43:07 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:55:32 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:01:37 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:46:11 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

dave weil said:

But that's not surprising coming from an area of the world where
100,000 km is considered high mileage.

Speaking of which, do you know the average mileage of trade-ins in Japan?

It's about 10,000 km, isn't it? It's a mark of honour to have a *new*
car in Japan. Perhaps that's a factor in how rapidly they evolve -
there's a hungry market out there for newer and better?

It's definitely a mark of American 'sophistication' that the biggest
selling vehicle is a fatass pickup truck with leaf-spring suspension
and a live rear axle.

I don't disagree that America's preoccupation with SUVs and big trucks
(something that you upper crust Brits were first on point with) is
laughable (that was part of my previous point about the US market).

Actually, we called them shooting brakes or estate cars, because they
were useful for loading up all the clutter you need for a good day out
blasting birds out of the sky, or lumping bits and bobs to the far
corners of one's estate. :-)

Yeah, not much difference than using such a vehicle for taking the
kids to soccer practice. Pretty lame if you ask me.

I'm betting that the most popular accessory is a
rifle rack...................

You'd be wrong. It's a trailer package. chuckle

Ah yes, good ol' UHaul..............

No, actually caravans for the most part.

BTW, that "gun rack" stereotype is pretty much long gone. I live in
the heart of "gun rack" country and I can't remember the last one that
I've seen. Now, Harley Davidson stickers, THAT'S a different story.

However, you can still buy those T-shirts with a list of things that
indicate why you might be a redneck - and there's always a rifle rack
on that list! :-)

Well, I get my dose of reality from sources OTHER than "humorous"
t-shirts.

OTOH, who the heck buys those that say 'you might consider thanking
your lucky stars that you're in Texas'? :-)

I'd gladly live in Austin.

OTGH, the *really* cool accessory is the one that's legal in South
Africa - side-mounted flamethrowers for dislodging unwanted nig... er,
I mean persons of doubtful reputation...............

Is your head scorched or something?

Dammit, even America's 'flagship' sports car has leaf spring rear
suspension! :-)

Really? Since when does the Viper have such a suspension?

Sorry, that's a truck engine in a plastic body................

One that's just about as fast as that souped-up go-kart that you were
recently touting, and certainly has a top end that rivals a Ferarri.
dave weil

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:50:05 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:06:24 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:30:20 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
news On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:22:31 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

CLS55, S55 and S65 are saloons.

But they are not *sports* saloons - even for fat Texans........

CLS55 is the most sporting of them all. Even for drunken british twits. The
fact that *you* cannot afford it, does not disqualify it.

Are you *nuts*? The CLS55 is just a quirky styling exercise to make an
S-class saloon *look* sporty. OTOH, I do have a few shares left in the
most fabulous bridge - even nicer than the one your idiot cousin in
Arizona bought by mistake.

And strictly speaking, they are AMGs, not Mercs. A fine distinction,
to be sure.

Horse****. They come with Mercedes VIN's. It is that simple.

others are supercharged rather than turbocharged,

Irrelevant. Neither is normally aspirated.

But as noted, they're not *sports* saloons by any reasonable standard.

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

and the RS6 is no
longer made.

The replacement due in 2006 will not be normally aspirated either.

Perhaps, but it will be using an old engine. The *new* 'cutting edge'
angines are normally aspirated. Good luck in your desperate flailing
to defend a lost position. But there always something fundamentally
pathetic about dolls with balls..........

"Cutting edge" is a figment of your imagination. Definitions by a nobody
like you don't count.

Back at ya, ladyboy!

Bottom line - *all* the desirable new 'cutting edge' motors by
*anyone's* definition are naturally aspirated and have specific
outputs of 100BHP per litre or more.

Glad to see that Ford has a cutting edge motor in play.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:01:50 -0500, dave weil
wrote:

Well, I get my dose of reality from sources OTHER than "humorous"
t-shirts.

WOW! You get an occasional dose of *reality*? Who knew?....

OTOH, who the heck buys those that say 'you might consider thanking
your lucky stars that you're in Texas'? :-)

I'd gladly live in Austin.

Nah, Houston's where it's at. Especially Rice.

OTGH, the *really* cool accessory is the one that's legal in South
Africa - side-mounted flamethrowers for dislodging unwanted nig... er,
I mean persons of doubtful reputation...............

Is your head scorched or something?

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...e.thrower.car/

Check out this link - and dontcha just *love* the PC aspect? The 'bad
guy' mannekin in the video clip is a white chick! Crispy! :-)

Seriously, you know you're in a bad part of SA when you pull up at
traffic lights and there's a twenty-foot gap between cars. That's so
you can floor it if anything goes pear-shaped............

Dammit, even America's 'flagship' sports car has leaf spring rear
suspension! :-)

Really? Since when does the Viper have such a suspension?

Sorry, that's a truck engine in a plastic body................

One that's just about as fast as that souped-up go-kart that you were
recently touting, and certainly has a top end that rivals a Ferarri.

Right up until the first bend - as with most American iron.

dave weil

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:55:27 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

[...]

Please put down the cup and realize that Maggie's comment was directly
in relation to my mentioning Volvo and performance.

You lose.

Again.
Harry Lavo

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:12:09 -0400, "Harry Lavo"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 06:51:14 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 17:57:30 +0200, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"John Atkinson"
wrote in message

But also, from my experience of having taken part in
some of those tests as
a listener, it is because the proctor wanted to
introduce an element of confusion into the scoring,
thus increasing the possibility of a null result.

Yet another example of Atkinson's paranoia.

hmm. clearly, in the case of establishing the CD format,
there were definite incentives to get the sample size
and rate as low as possible: to get an adequate duration
with the limitations of the technically & economically
viable solution available in 1980.
that's not an opinion, but a fact :-)
Rudy

nb Philips originally wanted to settle on a 14 bit
linear coded format. Sony upped that to 16....come on,
14 bits ?? who are ya kiddin? Listening tests ???

Vinyl, on the best day of its life, is around 12 bits
equivalent. The widest dynamic range known on a music
master tape is around 80dB, 14 bits will allow a properly
dithered dynamic range of 81dB. What's the problem?

The problem is that too many newbies have been mis-educated
by high end ragazines with the lie that analog has infinite
resolution. I wonder how many times that lie has been
published in say Stereophile or TAS?

Harry tell lies? Say it ain't so! :-)

Gratuitous insult / slander duly noted.

Not *you*, you insignificant self-important cretin, the *real* Harry!
Didn't you see the TAS reference?

Actually, I was in a hurry and didn't....particularly since the thread was
mainly about Stereophile.

As for my significance, I'll allow posterity to judge that. I suggest you
think about the same.

snip, irrelevant

MINe 109

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

I'd gladly live in Austin.

Nah, Houston's where it's at. Especially Rice.

Performance cars on Houston freeways!

Stephen
George M. Middius

Drunkie whined:

You really are a sad sack of ****.

Score!

Margaret von B.

wrote:

CLS55, S55 and S65 are saloons.

But they are not *sports* saloons - even for fat Texans........

CLS55 is the most sporting of them all. Even for drunken british twits.
The
fact that *you* cannot afford it, does not disqualify it.

Are you *nuts*? The CLS55 is just a quirky styling exercise to make an
S-class saloon *look* sporty. OTOH, I do have a few shares left in the
most fabulous bridge - even nicer than the one your idiot cousin in
Arizona bought by mistake.

I think what you need is a few shares in a rehab facility.

And strictly speaking, they are AMGs, not Mercs. A fine distinction,
to be sure.

Horse****. They come with Mercedes VIN's. It is that simple.

others are supercharged rather than turbocharged,

Irrelevant. Neither is normally aspirated.

But as noted, they're not *sports* saloons by any reasonable standard.

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

Only if you drive on sidewalks. OTOH drunk drivers are prone to do that too.

and the RS6 is no
longer made.

The replacement due in 2006 will not be normally aspirated either.

Perhaps, but it will be using an old engine. The *new* 'cutting edge'
angines are normally aspirated. Good luck in your desperate flailing
to defend a lost position. But there always something fundamentally
pathetic about dolls with balls..........

"Cutting edge" is a figment of your imagination. Definitions by a nobody
like you don't count.

Back at ya, ladyboy!

Even Arny can do better than that.

Bottom line - *all* the desirable new 'cutting edge' motors by
*anyone's* definition are naturally aspirated and have specific
outputs of 100BHP per litre or more.

You're better suited defining DT, Stoopi.

How conveniently you edited out all that VIN stuff...too drunk to figure out
yet another helping of horse****?

Hope you have head-on collision with a H-1!

Cheers,

Margaret

Margaret von B.

"ScottW" wrote:

Horse****, there was *zero* terrorism in Iraq before

I guess when the dictator is doing he killing it isn't called terrorism.

That's correct.

As for Israel, and of course America - but Americans like to keep
their terrorism and torture offshore.......................

Ironic that The Land of the Free keeps its favourite illegal torture
site on Cuba. The original George must be doing about 3,000 rpm in his
grave.................................

What? No applause from out resident drunken nazi?

Margaret von B.

wrote in message

[...]

We all know organ donations are "off" in Stoopi's case. :-)

Cheers,

Margaret

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

[...]

Shame that you know nothing about cars. No normally aspirated Ford (or
Ford-owned) stock engine is even close to 100 BHP/litre output.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:35:33 GMT, MINe 109

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

I'd gladly live in Austin.

Nah, Houston's where it's at. Especially Rice.

Performance cars on Houston freeways!

What, you mean to say that a free man can't do whatever he likes in
Texas, if it harms no other man? Shock, horror!

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote in message

[...]

Unlike you. I don't think about it........................

We all know organ donations are "off" in Stoopi's case. :-)

Damn right! Ain't nobody on this group even close to deserving access
to *my* body parts! Mind you, many have suggested wanting access via
cold steel.... :-)

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 15:40:54 -0400, George M. Middius cmndr
[underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote:

Drunkie whined:

You really are a sad sack of ****.

Score!

Not even a dog-end saved from the spitoon, let alone a Cohiba......

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

Only if you drive on sidewalks. OTOH drunk drivers are prone to do that too.

Bring it on! I'll take any Merc below the MacMerc on any non-motorway
road (i.e. not dead straight three-lane) within 50 miles of my home.
If it's raining, don't even bother turning up................

Careful now - already demonstrated the point to an SL55......... :-)

"Cutting edge" is a figment of your imagination. Definitions by a nobody
like you don't count.

Back at ya, ladyboy!

Even Arny can do better than that.

Yeah, but nothing more is necessary for you.

Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in
message ...

Typical dishonest strawman from Harry. The whole point
is that the 'objectivists' are well aware that
*everyone* has expectation bias. That's why it needs to
be disabled by the test protocol - DBT.

DBT does 'NOT' disable the expectation
that things will sound the same.

Neither does sighted evaluation.

What comes down to that DBT is enough work that a person has
to be pretty hard-headed to avoid getting caught up in the
moment and listen hard and carefully to make the best
possible showing. Hope springs eternal.

Of course, being so proud of having zero personal experience
with DBT Art, you know nothing about this.

Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

you never designed an ashtray for an Omni.

Nor have I.

OTOH, I've never been the editor of what many believe to the
largest single perpetrator of audio snake oil in the world.
So, I have to admit that Atkinson has that *advantage* on
me.

Arny Krueger

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
Steven Sullivan wrote:

I have little doubt you could successfully tell the
difference between two Brendel performances of the
same work, in a DBT, even if you lacked knowledge of
the 'arcana'.

Am I overestimating you?

But can you understand the meaning of the differences?

Straw man, since the knowing the meaning of the
differences is outside the scope of the discussion.

You agreed that chord balance was inside the scope of
the discussion when you claimed you could more precisely
balance a chord using eq than a musician could do in
performing on an instrument.

Wrong, because I was talking about changing chord
balance as a technical exercise, which can be done
without knowing what chord balance is musically speaking.

Commas are cheap these days. Try
buying some.

Cow brains are cheap these days Art, try buying some to
replace yours obviously defective ones.

Arny Krueger

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Yes, that is exactly what they say. Of course, this can
be true. But they go beond that...they claim any sighted
difference *IS* the result of imagination.

That would be another of your lies, Harry. We have no
problems with the potential correctness of sighted
evaluations of things that actually sound different, like
loudspeakers. For example, Nousaine does quite a large
number of sighted evaluations of car audio systems.

They thus
leave science (and common sense) and enter the realm of
propaganda for their cause.

Yet another of your lies, Harry. BTW it's very nice of you
to go on a lying jag like this so soon after Mr. Pinkerton
pointed out your habitual problems with telling the truth.

Of course, he can't explain why my Onkyo preamp, with
actually superior "specs" for the most part, sounds far
less "real" in my system thtn does my Audio Research
preamp.

Sighted evaluation? Harry's ears are tained by way too much
listening to vinyl? A broken Onkyo preamp?

I haven't done an ABX, so of course my "claim"
can't be taken seriously.

Well there's this little problem with you and the truth,
Harry. I believe that it is well known that mentioning your
name in conjunction with the truth is a well-known example
of an oxymoron.

Harry Lavo

"Harry Lavo" wrote in message

Yes, that is exactly what they say. Of course, this can
be true. But they go beond that...they claim any sighted
difference *IS* the result of imagination.

That would be another of your lies, Harry. We have no
problems with the potential correctness of sighted
evaluations of things that actually sound different, like
loudspeakers. For example, Nousaine does quite a large
number of sighted evaluations of car audio systems.

Thanks for revealing, Arny, that you decide "a priori" what might be
different and what not.

They thus
leave science (and common sense) and enter the realm of
propaganda for their cause.

Yet another of your lies, Harry. BTW it's very nice of you
to go on a lying jag like this so soon after Mr. Pinkerton
pointed out your habitual problems with telling the truth.

pot - kettle - black (x2)

Of course, he can't explain why my Onkyo preamp, with
actually superior "specs" for the most part, sounds far
less "real" in my system thtn does my Audio Research
preamp.

Sighted evaluation? Harry's ears are tained by way too much
listening to vinyl? A broken Onkyo preamp?

Lack of meaningful answer noted.

I haven't done an ABX, so of course my "claim"
can't be taken seriously.

Well there's this little problem with you and the truth,
Harry. I believe that it is well known that mentioning your
name in conjunction with the truth is a well-known example
of an oxymoron.

Yearh, Arny, I "don't tell the truth" because I remember John as saying the
hump was in the "midrange", versus the "upper-midrange"? Get real.

Arny has no real answer in response to the potential flaws off his beloved
abx, nor any real interest in checking the premises or validating the test,
so he resorts to slander and insults. Some "scientist:".

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:
(paul packer) wrote:
Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

Sorry mate, it's simply not *possible* to offend an okker........

Please explain.

Anything you say about an okker just *has* to be a compliment.

The alt.tasteless group koan reads:

"How does one achieve tastelessness?"
"One can be born tasteless, one can grow to be tasteless,
or one can be Australian."

Francois.

ScottW

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Shame that you know nothing about cars. No normally aspirated Ford (or
Ford-owned) stock engine is even close to 100 BHP/litre output.

When are you going to take torque curves (the true measure of a cars
performance) into consideration instead of banging endlessly on HP/liter?

http://vettenet.org/torquehp.html

ScottW

Margaret von B.

wrote:

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

Only if you drive on sidewalks. OTOH drunk drivers are prone to do that
too.

Bring it on! I'll take any Merc below the MacMerc on any non-motorway
road (i.e. not dead straight three-lane) within 50 miles of my home.
If it's raining, don't even bother turning up................

Careful now - already demonstrated the point to an SL55......... :-)

Really? Where was it parked?

This really sounds like more fiction from the bottle. Try again after you
defeat Clarkson.

--

Stoopi, you are soooo average!

Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

you never designed an ashtray for an Omni.

Nor have I.

OTOH, I've never been the editor of what many believe to the largest
single perpetrator of audio snake oil in the world.

Considering that even the most basic language eludes you ...

So, I have to admit that Atkinson has that *advantage* on me.

Yes, Atkinson is an elephant in the world of audio. And you are a dung
beetle, Arny.

Cheers,

Margaret

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message

What exactly is it that you have done that qualifies you
as an expert of any sort?

What qualifies you to judge my answer to this question,
sockpuppet?

Thanks Arny for admitting your complete lack of
credentials.

Actually Maggie, you just did exactly that. You have no valid credentials
for judging my credentials.

Poor Maggie didn't get to attend Oakland U

Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message

Slavs have always been the dregs of the entire planet, which is no
doubt why the borders of the Balkan region keep changing. Personally,
I haven't the foggiest idea why Germany wasn't delighted to get shot
of that half of the country for good.
--

not enough sheep farmers down there.

Clyde Slick

"Margaret von B." wrote in message
.. .

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

you never designed an ashtray for an Omni.

Nor have I.

OTOH, I've never been the editor of what many believe to the largest
single perpetrator of audio snake oil in the world.

Considering that even the most basic language eludes you ...

So, I have to admit that Atkinson has that *advantage* on me.

Yes, Atkinson is an elephant in the world of audio. And you are a dung
beetle, Arny.

and a tasty morsel for Mikey

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"MINe 109" wrote in message

In article ,
Steven Sullivan wrote:

[...]

Get some periods, too, while you're at it.
You can trade in a spare 's' for one.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

you never designed an ashtray for an Omni.

Nor have I.

OTOH, I've never been the editor of what many believe to the largest
single perpetrator of audio snake oil in the world. So, I have to admit
that Atkinson has that *advantage* on me.

nor have I collected $20,000 worth of sound cards.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in
message ...

Typical dishonest strawman from Harry. The whole point
is that the 'objectivists' are well aware that
*everyone* has expectation bias. That's why it needs to
be disabled by the test protocol - DBT.

DBT does 'NOT' disable the expectation
that things will sound the same.

Neither does sighted evaluation.

What comes down to that DBT is enough work that a person has to be pretty
hard-headed to avoid getting caught up in the moment and listen hard and
carefully to make the best possible showing. Hope springs eternal.

Of course, being so proud of having zero personal experience with DBT Art,
you know nothing about this.

Listening is easy. If it gets hard, it just isn't worth doing.
I don't listen to music just to get
hernias in my ears.

Clyde Slick

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 08:06:39 -0400, "Clyde Slick"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
. ..

Typical dishonest strawman from Harry. The whole point is that the
'objectivists' are well aware that *everyone* has expectation bias.
That's why it needs to be disabled by the test protocol - DBT.

DBT does 'NOT' disable the expectation
that things will sound the same.

Sure it does - why wouldn't it?

Use some logic and common sense, boy.
Your expectation is that
there would be no difference, either sighted or blind.

Besides, why would anyone *not*
expecting difference even bother to take such a test?

The irony of it all!!
Those are the ones who spend more time and effort
taking those tests.

You really are a braindead clown.

Clyde Slick

"Jenn" wrote in message
"Clyde Slick" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
ego.......
In article ,
Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

Yeah, someone called 'Jenn', claiming to be a conductor, already
tried that on r.a.h-e - it wasn't convincing then, either, except as
yet another demonstration of musos

Gee, Stewart, I'm very fond of you...no need to...ah never mind.

You do stand out from among the herd.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me all day. Thanks!

Not if you saw the herd.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:44:04 -0700, "ScottW"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .

Shame that you know nothing about cars. No normally aspirated Ford (or
Ford-owned) stock engine is even close to 100 BHP/litre output.

When are you going to take torque curves (the true measure of a cars
performance) into consideration instead of banging endlessly on HP/liter?

Typical braindead Yank thinking.

http://vettenet.org/torquehp.html

Interesting that you cite an article which proves that you are flat
out wrong! To take the closing quote, mentioned twice in that article:
"It is better to make torque at high rpm than at low rpm, because you
can take advantage of *gearing*."

Torque at high rpm = *power*.

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

Only if you drive on sidewalks. OTOH drunk drivers are prone to do that
too.

Bring it on! I'll take any Merc below the MacMerc on any non-motorway
road (i.e. not dead straight three-lane) within 50 miles of my home.
If it's raining, don't even bother turning up................

Careful now - already demonstrated the point to an SL55......... :-)

Really? Where was it parked?

About fifty feet from my rear bumper, and increasing.....

It was a wet and twisty road, but he thought he could take me. Wrong.

This really sounds like more fiction from the bottle. Try again after you
defeat Clarkson.

I wonder if he's up for that around his test track? :-)

Margaret von B.

What do you all think? Is Pinkerton's heroic story about a car race,
starring himself, fact or fiction? Is he really capable of outrunning a 500
hp AMG Mercedes with his little Audi?

wrote:
m...
wrote:

What would that make your moped then? Oh, I said it...

Faster than most Mercs on real roads, in point of fact.......

Only if you drive on sidewalks. OTOH drunk drivers are prone to do that
too.

Bring it on! I'll take any Merc below the MacMerc on any non-motorway
road (i.e. not dead straight three-lane) within 50 miles of my home.
If it's raining, don't even bother turning up................

Careful now - already demonstrated the point to an SL55......... :-)

Really? Where was it parked?

About fifty feet from my rear bumper, and increasing.....

It was a wet and twisty road, but he thought he could take me. Wrong.

This really sounds like more fiction from the bottle. Try again after you
defeat Clarkson.

I wonder if he's up for that around his test track? :-)

EddieM

Arny Krueger the two bit malingerer said ziillllch, nil, zero. Egg.
............... Some cogently ascribed nonentities.

Hellllloooooo... Hellllloooooo... knock knock

I realize that is Sunday and such, ... and I know
that it might constrain one to give forth honest
are such a spiffy precious jewel...

Cucckoocatowww, Cockkooockkkcookccattoooww..
hmm I don't know how to express the sounds that rooster
makes in early hours through the printed words...
....maybe it is cookokokotokkk catooowww

----

........ the ball is on your court !