Default Kenwood Head Unit Wiring

I've recently aquired a Kenwood KRC-307S cassette deck head unit. It
has no wiring or manual with it. If anyone has this head unit, or even
a kenwood that is similar (there's a change the wiring setup would be
the same), and could give me function of each of the pins on the male
plug on the back of the head unit, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
-Ryan

joe.ker

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've recently aquired a Kenwood KRC-307S cassette deck head unit. It
has no wiring or manual with it. If anyone has this head unit, or even
a kenwood that is similar (there's a change the wiring setup would be
the same), and could give me function of each of the pins on the male
plug on the back of the head unit, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
-Ryan

A new harness would probably be easier

Thanks for the link. I have one more question. If the male plug on the
back of my head unit is obviously the same 16-pin plug that I'm seeing
on eBay, can I be assured that the wires are on the new wiring harness
are labeled correctly? Thanks again.

joe.ker

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the link. I have one more question. If the male plug on the
back of my head unit is obviously the same 16-pin plug that I'm seeing
on eBay, can I be assured that the wires are on the new wiring harness
are labeled correctly? Thanks again.

Yes they are. all the Kenwood 16 pin harnesses have the same power and
speaker wire locations.
Some of the higher end units have mute and illumination wires, but your unit
does not need then.
That harness on eBay also has a wiring diagram that comes with it, that tell
what all the colors are and what they go to