SkinnyBoy

make pods...

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/1950/20tz.jpg

same as when you asked what speakers to put in the dash... except it
was a 1991 camry then... =\

--
SkinnyBoy
SkinnyBoy's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=21381

dooode

Default Cutting Carmy 1990 door panels?

I drive a 1990 Camry and as everyone knows Toyota's audio gear in this
era totally sucks. The in board dash woofer/speakers are 3.5" facing
DOWN towards my freggin feet. I've got an amp in my car and replaced
the 3.5 paper cones with some Pioneer 2 ways .. it's about a 70%
improvement upon the factory speakers + no amp but I've decided to get
some 5.25" installed on the door dash.

To make matters worse, there is some map holders in both the front
doors and so comes the following questions:

1. How easy is it to cut through the door material? Can a thick stanley
knife do the job?

2. Can I remove the map holders? Unfortunatelt, the freggin surface
behind the map holders is uneven.

I haven't had a look at the insides of the door yet to see if it can
fit 5.25" speakers - I don't want to cut any steel.

Scotty

Stick in a small sub. Either that or get some pods made up. Either way your
up for some dollars.
You can however get 6x9s in the rear to give some midbass. Although I hate
sitting with my back to the stage at concerts. Go to yoru local install bay
and ask them what they would put up front, they may have ready made pods for
you to buy.

"SkinnyBoy" wrote in message
news:1118208227.a10dab948156ced10a8c358c24dc92dc@t eranews...

make pods...

http://img137.echo.cx/img137/1950/20tz.jpg

same as when you asked what speakers to put in the dash... except it
was a 1991 camry then... =\

--
SkinnyBoy
SkinnyBoy's Profile:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=21381
View this thread:
http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=219361

SkinnyBoy

dooode Wrote:
Not sure what year, so I said 1990 and 1991...around that era.

and making pods isn't an option?

its that, or screwing a piece of wood to the door to mount a speaker
in...

--
SkinnyBoy
SkinnyBoy's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=21381
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/sh...d.php?t=219361

dooode

Not sure what year, so I said 1990 and 1991...around that era.

dooode

Just checked with a local pod maker and it's out of my range I'm still
a student so..

I think I will have to be content with my AMP for now. It doesn't sound
too bad but 4" can only go so far.