mark

Default need more bass, what should i do?

my current setup is as follows:

* Kenwood HU (dont know the model offhand, will repost with that)
* Infinity 6000s front components
* rear speakers are blown... lol
* Audio Control 4 in 1
* JL audio 500/5
* Kenwood 12" sub

now the problem is, my HU doesnt have a preamp so the speakers are goin to
the 500/5. thats all good and dandy, but for some reason when ever i turn
the gains up for the subwoofer on the amp, i guess it inadvertantly raises
the gains for the speakers too, and i always end up with blown speakers. So
right now i have a complete waste of a sub thats doing nothing, and this
annoys me to no end. Unless everyone thinks otherwise, I thought the best
route for me to take would be to just get a new amp for the sub, more bass
and no more blown speakers... I have absolutely no idea how i would piggy
back the new amp off the existing amps powersupply, or if i would have to
just run a new power cable.

I have a feeling someone will suggest replacing the JL 500/5, I have already
done that 2 times. so idk...

thanks for any help
mark

Daniel Snooks

mark wrote:
[...]

No offense ... but this isn't how the amp is designed. The gain for the sub
section is completely independent of the other gains for the fronts and
rears ... not to mention, if you have the Audio Control you could
technically use it to adjust the inputs to the amp independently.
How are you wired from the Audio Control to the 500/5?
Why do you have the Audio Control? (the 500/5 can pretty much do it all)

Don't see why you need to purchase anything ... just need to set up your
existing equipment properly.

--
Dan Snooks

Daniel Snooks

"mark" wrote in message
[...]

That is a complete load of $hit Scotty ... do you even know what a 500/5 is?
Geez.

--
Dan Snooks

mark

Hey thanks for the input man, but i saw ur post after i bought some new
goodies for my car. actually, i found out why my speakers are blowing, my
door seal is broken and they get wet when it rains....

i have the audio control so i dont have to climb in the trunk every time i
wanna change the sound up a lil bit..

As of now, I have my components running off of the 500/5 and my 12" kenwood
running off of a rockford 600w so im like a pig in my own doo doo right now.
and i still have room to hook up another sub to the 500/5 if i want to.

sounds beautiful

"Daniel Snooks" wrote in message
mark wrote:
[...]

Daniel Snooks

mark wrote:
Hey thanks for the input man, but i saw ur post after i bought some
new goodies for my car. actually, i found out why my speakers are
blowing, my door seal is broken and they get wet when it rains....

i have the audio control so i dont have to climb in the trunk every
time i wanna change the sound up a lil bit..

As of now, I have my components running off of the 500/5 and my 12"
kenwood running off of a rockford 600w so im like a pig in my own doo
doo right now. and i still have room to hook up another sub to the
500/5 if i want to.
sounds beautiful

SNIP

If you are happy, then so am I :-)