Howard Ferstler

Default Howard Takes His Break

Hey, Suckers,

I am not actually planning to give up on RAO for the long
term, but it is likely that I will. I need to get some other
things done (several speakers to review), and, to tell the
truth, you lunatics are getting on my nerves. Debating some
of you is like arguing with a telephone pole. No, worse,
because a telephone pole does not retort with innuendo and
baloney.

The last time I left for a few months (to do major
home-improvement work) I did not miss RAO a bit. Getting
away probably lowered my blood pressure by ten points. I
should have never come back, but I made the mistake a while
back of dropping in to take a look around, and the inanities
I read here (the same as usual, as if I had never left at
all, and written by the same people) just bugged the hell
out of me. I should not let the opinions of idiots and jerks
bother me all that much, but for some reason they do. A few
of you are the most demoralizing group of people I have ever
encountered. Many of you are microcosms that define just
what is wrong with America these days.

Arny is right: most tweako high enders have mental problems.
And several of my engineering buddies are right too: I
should stop playing in this sewer, because there is no way
to clean it.

Adios, audiophiles.

Howard Ferstler
Robert Morein

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Hey, Suckers,

I am not actually planning to give up on RAO for the long
term, but it is likely that I will. I need to get some other
things done (several speakers to review), and, to tell the
truth, you lunatics are getting on my nerves. Debating some
of you is like arguing with a telephone pole. No, worse,
because a telephone pole does not retort with innuendo and
baloney.

Howard,
Why not just be copacetic with it? "Copacetic" is a real word.

Why worry about what others think? Buy and listen to what you want.
Explain, if you must, once, clearly. Let others go on their way.

Surf

"Howard Ferstler" wrote

I am not actually planning to give up on RAO for the long
term, but it is likely that I will.

OK Howie - see you tomorrow.....

George M. Middius

Signal said:

Hey, Suckers,

You most resemble a barnacle.

I was thinking gila monster, but you might have a point.

Clyde Slick

"George M. Middius" wrote in message

Signal said:

Hey, Suckers,

You most resemble a barnacle.

I was thinking gila monster, but you might have a point.

You can always scrape a barnacle from the bottom of a boat,
but can you do that with Howard?

Robert Morein

[...]

Don't let the door hit ya' where the Lord split ya.

GeoSynch

Clyde Slick wrote:

You can always scrape a barnacle from the bottom of a boat,
but can you do that with Howard?

There may be only one other chap who will cling more tenaciously
to a losing position than ol' Uncle Fester, so a jackhammer may be
in order to dislodge the stuck on pasty-faced Depends wunderkind.

GeoSynch

Howard Ferstler

Robert Morein wrote:

Howard,
Why not just be copacetic with it? "Copacetic" is a real word.

Well, I'll be damned. You're right.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Surf wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote

I am not actually planning to give up on RAO for the long
term, but it is likely that I will.

OK Howie - see you tomorrow.....

Not quite. I came back a week later (the 14th), posted some
down the line. Maybe.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler wrote:

[...]

It has been a week, and now comes still another break. Busy
refurbishing some antique dining-room chairs.

See you later, suckers.

Howard Ferstler