Neal

Default Yamaha RX-V750 FM Reception

Has anyone heard of any Yamaha recievers not being able to pick up any
FM stations in stereo at all? If I turn if off AUTO (Stereo) mode I am
able to pick up stations in mono. When AUTO is turned on, and I scan
through the stations, I can see the Stereo light flicker breifly but
the scanning just goes on, never stopping. The local store I purchased
it from is telling me that this is normal with the antenna that is
included with the reciever. They are recommending I get a roof top
antenna. My older Sony receiver picks up stations fine using the same
antenna that came with the Yamaha. Anyone ever heard of anything like
this?

The Open Sourceror's Apprentice

"Neal" wrote in news:1107353938.861692.270200
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Has anyone heard of any Yamaha recievers not being able to pick up any
FM stations in stereo at all? If I turn if off AUTO (Stereo) mode I am
able to pick up stations in mono. When AUTO is turned on, and I scan
through the stations, I can see the Stereo light flicker breifly but
the scanning just goes on, never stopping. The local store I purchased
it from is telling me that this is normal with the antenna that is
included with the reciever. They are recommending I get a roof top
antenna. My older Sony receiver picks up stations fine using the same
antenna that came with the Yamaha. Anyone ever heard of anything like
this?

Sensitivity on your Yamaha is obviously lower than that of the Sony. I
suspect that capture ratio and multipath rejection are both better, however.

--
Tired of spam in your mailbox?
Come to http://www.spamblocked.com
Mark D. Zacharias

Sounds like an antenna problem, though. Make sure the connections are
correct. The tuner is practically user-replaceable on these - it's a small
box that mounts with 2 or 3 screws, and plugs in with a flat wire. Mounted
to the upper part of the rear panel, right where you see the antenna
connections.

Mark Z.

"Neal" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone heard of any Yamaha recievers not being able to pick up any
FM stations in stereo at all? If I turn if off AUTO (Stereo) mode I am
able to pick up stations in mono. When AUTO is turned on, and I scan
through the stations, I can see the Stereo light flicker breifly but
the scanning just goes on, never stopping. The local store I purchased
it from is telling me that this is normal with the antenna that is
included with the reciever. They are recommending I get a roof top
antenna. My older Sony receiver picks up stations fine using the same
antenna that came with the Yamaha. Anyone ever heard of anything like
this?

Neal

Thanks for the responses. I took the receiver back to where I bought
it and they confirmed that the tuner was bad. I ended up replacing the
unit. The new unit's tuner works great even with the supplied antenna!
I should also note that I sent 2 emails to Yamaha customer support and
haven't heard anything from them. That is disappointing.

Mark D. Zacharias

"Neal" wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the responses. I took the receiver back to where I bought
it and they confirmed that the tuner was bad. I ended up replacing the
unit. The new unit's tuner works great even with the supplied antenna!
I should also note that I sent 2 emails to Yamaha customer support and
haven't heard anything from them. That is disappointing.

Yamaha is better on their voice lines.

Mark Z.