archagon archagon is offline
Junior Member

Default I seek your knowledge!

Hello. I'm archagon.

Although my music collection is quite sizeable, you could probably call me the opposite of an audiophile. For years I've been playing all my songs without even knowing how to use an equalizer, and only today - upon closer inspection of my subwoofer's output - did I realize how absolutely crappy my system sounds. Well, what's the point of having so much music if you can't make it sound great?

I'm here not for a newbie walkthrough but for guidance. Where can I find information on frequencies, sound levels, and acoustic properties? How can I train my ear to distinguish the nuances of a "good" setup or system from a faulty one? Where can I seek knowledge on what distinguishes a good recording from a bad one?

Please help!