adm

Default Q Pre amp for iPod and PC....

All,

I have just been given an Aloia ST13.1 power amp on extended loan and am
using it to upgrade my 2nd system (which is in my office upstairs with the
PC).

Up to now I have been using a Behringer mixing desk to take my audio feeds
(PC, iPod, TV, electric guitar, keyboard etc...) and then deliver them to a
bog standard Samson Servo 170 power amp. The PC interfaces to the mixer
through a 24bit 96KHz recordin audio interface and the rest of the stuff
just plugs into the mixer input channels.

Anyway - the Aloia amp sounds amazing even into this obviously
guitar-centric set up, but I'd like to see just how good I can make the PC
audio sound.

I have a pair of Ruark Templar 2s that I am going to replace the current
studio monitors with, but have some questions on the pre-amp side of
things.....

I'd like to get a good quality pre-amp that I can use the give the iPod and
PC a bit of a boost and then run those feeds straight into a pre-amp (i.e.
take the mixer out of the circuit).

What would anyone recommend ? Ideally, I need an input for the PC, and input
for the iPod and another input for the mixer (for guitars etc..).

I have been looking at the Emmeline Stealth as a contender, but would like
to know if anyone has hooked an iPod to a decent system before and how they
have accomplished it.

Thansk in advance for any information.

BR

Al.