Simon Dean

Default Blown Speaker?

Hi,

I have a set of JBL speakers, Full Range to be precise, 4x6 in the
front, and I think 13cm in the back.

One speaker has suddenly stopped giving me bass/midrange. Treble still
works out of its separate cone. My first reaction, "blown" speaker,
whatever that means. But here's the kick, if I push down on the speaker,
I get sound back.

Fiddling my fingers through what space I could in the back of the
speaker, it started working again for a few minutes, then started
breaking up again.

Im guessing therefore its a bad connection somewhere in the speaker,
that perhaps hasn't been too resiliant to my thrashing. AS opposed to a
blown speaker.

Any ideas?

Im taking them back under guarantee (I hope, but wouldn't mind some
opinions to back it up)

Cya
Simon
joe.ker

"Simon Dean" wrote in message
[...]

The woofer part of the speaker is bad.
Speakers have a thin wire that circles the magnet. that wire has broken in
half. The break is so close together that the pressure of pushing on the
cone lets the two sides of the wires, touch letting the speaker work

Simon Dean

The woofer part of the speaker is bad.
Speakers have a thin wire that circles the magnet. that wire has broken in
half. The break is so close together that the pressure of pushing on the
cone lets the two sides of the wires, touch letting the speaker work

I was wondering if there was an issue with the wire that goes from the
terminal to the coil itself... I waggled my finger through in its
direction through the back and it worked for several minutes with no
external pressure before it cut out again.

Also this is the only speaker of the four that has blown.

However Im thinking you're right unfortunately.

I wonder what the chance of getting a replacement under warranty would
be? Doesn't harm to try.

Cya
Simon
joe.ker

If it's in warranty it should replaceable. don't say it's blown though just
say the woofer stopped working. some places consider a blown speaker abuse
and will not warranty it