Mike Gentry

Default UA Universal Audio M-610 Mic Pre/DI

Fantastic Mic Pre/DI I've used it for almost everything. It's great
for vocals and it's also the best DI for bass that I've tried in the
studio. P-bass/610, done. The EQ boost points are right on the money
and by varying the gain/output levels you can get a whole range of
sounds from super-detailed clean, to in your face aggression. Go to
shiningfarmer.com to hear some songs. (like you can tell on the
computer) Almost all the vocals/P-bass/acoustic guitar/upright bass
are through the 610. I'm asking $700 shipped FedEx ground. I've got
tons of references. Thanks for your interest. Mike Gentry
Kurt Albershardt

First off--you should precede your subjec tline with FS: so people know what this is about.

Secondly--if you love the sound so much, why are you selling it?

Kurt Albershardt

First off--you should precede your subjec tline with FS: so people know what this is about.

Secondly--if you love the sound so much, why are you selling it?

Mike Gentry

Kurt Albershardt wrote in message ...
First off--you should precede your subjec tline with FS: so people know what this is about.

Secondly--if you love the sound so much, why are you selling it?

Kurt. Thanks for the advice on the FS in the headline and fixing it in
the . I'm a first time newsgroup poster, live and learn.... The
reason I'm selling it is because I found an amazing ES-335 at Elderly
http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/40U-3597.htm that I now have to
pay for. I don't usually like it when people say why they are selling
it (my dog had kittens so I need a new basement, whatever) because
most of the times they sound like they're trying to elicit sympathy. I
know what you mean though "I've got three other strats and this one is
hands down the best". Then, I wonder a little. I bought the 610 while
recording my band's record and it gave, as much as anything, a
psychological boost to the proceedings. It just felt and sounded real.
The U87 didn't hurt either. It really does something intangible as
well as sound amazing. The band is on "vacation" now ;^( and I'm back
to playing everything myself in my studio, and when it's just me, for
me, I'm much more concerned about how well the entire vision was
realized than the incremental difference in sound quality. I will
always be more frustrated by my limitations as a musician than I will
the limitations of my gear. I'm about songs and man, when I sat down,
while waiting for a friend, and played that 335, the hits just kept
comin' and it was over...$$ Sorry to go on so long about this. Thanks
again. Mike Gentry www.shiningfarmer.com

Gary Flanigan

I've always thought that, unless the item for sale was in some
way compromised, it is really no one's business why the seller
is selling it.

Kurt Albershardt wrote in message ...
First off--you should precede your subjec tline with FS: so people know what this is about.

Secondly--if you love the sound so much, why are you selling it?

Wayne

I've always thought that, unless the item for sale was in some
way compromised, it is really no one's business why the seller
is selling it.

That's probably an enviable pursuit. OTOH, so many used equipment sales today
are surrounded by very subjective reasons. In some cases, that can help a
prospective buyer make a valid purchasing decision. Notwithstanding, the
equipment welfare is as advertised.

Wayne

Kurt Albershardt wrote in message
First off--you should precede your subjec tline with FS: so people know

what this is about.

Secondly--if you love the sound so much, why are you selling it?

Kurt Albershardt

Mike Gentry wrote:

The reason I'm selling it is because I found an amazing ES-335
I don't usually like it when people say why they are selling
it (my dog had kittens so I need a new basement, whatever) because
most of the times they sound like they're trying to elicit sympathy.

This group has no trouble with gear lust and completely understands having to sell one thing to pay for another ;

David Satz

Gary Flanigan wrote:

I've always thought that, unless the item for sale was in some
way compromised, it is really no one's business why the seller
is selling it.

Many potential buyers seem to want an item with a "back story" to it--
whether the narrative is true or makes sense or is relevant or not.
Rational choice and the attitude that "if it sounds good, it is good"
aren't quite as prevalent in this business as we may like to pretend.
The power to spin a good myth is still very good for sales, even in a
technical profession such as this one.

It's utterly impossible to predict how something will sound based only
on the knowledge that it uses tube circuitry or FET circuitry, or IC
circuitry, etc., and everybody knows that full well. But then some
people choose to act as if that awareness doesn't matter as much as
the other thing does--the subjective satisfaction of owning the same
mike preamps that the Beatles used, etc.

Mike Gentry

(David Satz) wrote in message . com...
Gary Flanigan wrote:

[...]

Gary. Your point is well taken. As a guitarist, I can tell you that
playing the "same guitars" that whoever used is the whole deal with
the "signature" lines. People just want that association no matter how
tenuous. That said, there are times when the sheer weight of
subjective satisfaction pulls you through to a place you never knew.
Hey, maybe if I said it was the "Sinatra Signature Model"? hmmmm....
Thanks everybody for making it fun. OK, $650 shipped if you promise to
send me some of your work. I'll send you my record with the pre. Back
story for days...."Listen to that, would you.
http://www.shiningfarmer.com/Assets/Rescue.mp3 There was a time when
that beautiful woman's voice came right through these very wires ;^)
Mike