Bill F

Default Importing ProTools Session (Session/Data) into Digital Performer3.x

I run DP3.11 and I'm running up against a number of potential projects
that were originally done in PT, so I'm looking to find out if/what
options exist for importing a PT session into DP3.x. I've read newgroup
postings that claim it's possible, but, nothing on either DD or PT site
they confirms the ability to go from PT-DP. I've already had one
unsuccessful attempt to open an OMF saved in PT - unfortunately we
didn't know what version of PT it was saved in or what options selected.
I only have the freebie versio of PT which doesn't have a save as
option. What save as/export options exist in the current PT that might
be applicable and is it the same in HD and LE versions?
I'm assuming PT editing is non-destructive for the most part. Can you
export soundbites (non-destructively edited audio) as audio files? If
there is a tranferable format what data can be retained, audio file
pointers, fades, mix automation??

Any advice is greatly appreciated.