Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Need a 7a 125v fuse for a Yamaha A-500 amp

Having a devil of a time finding one. Anybody know where I could get
it? Looks like it was the glass type. Don't have the original.

-Jim

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

jtpryan wrote ...
Having a devil of a time finding one. Anybody know where I could get
it? Looks like it was the glass type. Don't have the original.

Fuses come in only a few (3-4 at most) physical sizes.
Should be pretty easy to measure the fuse holder and
figure which type it matches.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

Richard,

Thank you, but it is more the amp/volts and size together I can't
locate...

-Jim

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

jtpryan wrote ...
Thank you, but it is more the amp/volts and size together I can't
locate...

If it is not marked on the equipment somewhere (which
is very rare, in my experience), then you will need to
get the user or even service documentation to discover
the fuse rating. The voltage rating is determined by the
physical size of the fuse and likely is not of real concern.
It is the current (amps) rating that is critical here.

Have you diagnosed and repaired whatever made the
fuse blow in the first place? Else you'd better buy a
couple of boxes of fuses! :-)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank you, but it is more the amp/volts and size together I can't
locate...

Higher voltage, within reason, is just fine. I'll bet 250V fuses are
abundant.

Use a higher amperage if you have to. 8 amps is probably indistinguishable
from 7, since fuses are rather imprecise things. Use 10 if neither 7 nor 8
is available.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark D. Zacharias

"mc" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Thank you, but it is more the amp/volts and size together I can't
locate...

Higher voltage, within reason, is just fine. I'll bet 250V fuses are
abundant.

Use a higher amperage if you have to. 8 amps is probably
indistinguishable from 7, since fuses are rather imprecise things. Use 10
if neither 7 nor 8 is available.

Bad idea. Stick with the original, or as close to it as possible.

Mark Z.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Actually, here is what it says just next to the fuse holder:

F101 7 amp 125v
LL7451-7
gcmk-81x

-Jim

Posted to rec.audio.tech
mc

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
jtpryan wrote ...
Actually, here is what it says just next to the fuse holder:

F101 7 amp 125v
LL7451-7
gcmk-81x

So what exactly is the question? You have the current rating
and you can measure the fuseholder. What other info do you
need?

I'm guessing all the available fuses were rated 250V, which, as it turns
out, is not a problem at all.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Where to buy it...

Posted to rec.audio.tech
JANA

You can use a 7 Amp / 250 Volt fuse in your amp.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually, here is what it says just next to the fuse holder:

F101 7 amp 125v
LL7451-7
gcmk-81x

-Jim

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Barry Mann

7Amp fuses are not commonly stocked and many times it is the aumotive
type (32 Volts) that is stocked.

Using a higher voltage fuse than specified may increase the cost
(slightly), but has no safety implications. Using a lower voltage fuse
risks that the fuse will not completely interrupt the current when it
blows.

spam:
wordgame:123(abc):14 9 20 5 2 9 18 4 at 22 15 9 3 5 14 5 20 dot 3 15
13 (Barry Mann)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jeff Findley

wrote in message
oups.com...
Where to buy it...

Radio Shack? I personally don't like the store much, but if you need
something very simple, like a fuse, they'll likely have it.

Jeff

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Thank you all. I found them at my local hardware store (this guy seems
to have everything). Bad news is looks like the amp has a blown
channel which is beyond my expertise. Guess I'll toss it.

-Jim