Posted to alt.os.windows.xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.audio.tech
Jim Hubbard

Default Choose PC audio outputs ?

I want to be able to play audio files (wavs) out the audio output built into
my motherboard while allowing the rest of the system to utilize the Creative
Soundblaster card I have installed.

I can't find a simple way to do it.......anybody know of anything?

Posted to alt.os.windows.xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.audio.tech
Richard Crowley

"Jim Hubbard" wrote ...
I want to be able to play audio files (wavs) out the audio output built
into my motherboard while allowing the rest of the system to utilize
the Creative Soundblaster card I have installed.

I can't find a simple way to do it.......anybody know of anything?

Do you have both audio systems properly installed and
running? Concurrently?

Does your application (the one that you use to play wav files)
allow you to select which audio system to use?

I'd guess that you aren't going to find a simple (or even a
complex) way of doing this.

Posted to alt.os.windows.xp,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,rec.audio.tech
Laurence Payne

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:01:18 -0500, "Jim Hubbard"
wrote:

I want to be able to play audio files (wavs) out the audio output built into
my motherboard while allowing the rest of the system to utilize the Creative
Soundblaster card I have installed.

I can't find a simple way to do it.......anybody know of anything?

Set the SB as default audio output device. Use an application that
can select audio output to play the wav files.

Tell us about your application. Maybe a multi-port sound card would
be more appropriate.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Andre

Jim Hubbard wrote:
I want to be able to play audio files (wavs) out the audio output built into
my motherboard while allowing the rest of the system to utilize the Creative
Soundblaster card I have installed.

I can't find a simple way to do it.......anybody know of anything?

The only way I can imagine to get this working is in Linux.
Check http://www.ferventsoftware.com/
They have a live-CD called "Studio to go"
Booting your PC with this CD gives you a Linux system that doesn't
affect your existing ( probably Windows ) system.

In this Linux that is loaded with audio apllications there is a
program called Jack that is there to connect all running aplications'
in and outputs to the in and outputs available at all sound
devices found during system startup.

Studio to go finds the harddisks present in your pc.
Linux can play WAV and mp3 ( and many other formats ) from the Windows
harddisks or any other medium present.

For obvious reasons i have not x-posted this message to all the
Microsoft-groups like Jim Hubbard did. And should not !

Andre
Posted to rec.audio.tech
Jim Hubbard

Thank you for your post, but I prefer not to run Linux. I prefer to
actually be productive and capable of running the most popular applications
and games instead.

Thanks so much for your concern.

(Do you NG police get free doughnuts on the job?)

"Andre" wrote in message
l.nl...