Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Anthony Watters Anthony Watters is offline

Default best practices

can anyone offer up some best practices as to ripping CDs/ converting to
wav files that works in vista ultimate 64?
if one were to take a wav file created by media player (in vista) vs a 3rd
party product and have a side by side comparison and use sound quality, ease
of use, how long it takes to rip CD, whether the app can place and manage
music collection (create folders, categorize by group, name of album. song
title etc...)

I have lots of troubles with Media Player (in Vista) where the app keeps
closing down/crashing when I am ripping CDs.
Microsoft had me change/add codecs (adding the K-Lite Mega Codec)

If its about the codec, then which one is audiophile grade absolutely the
best hands down?

If all I am doing is converting (grabbing) cda files and turning them into
uncompressed wavs, do I really need to wory about a codec?
(compress/decompress) Since technically I am not opting to play my music
with any compression.