BalaclavaBoB

Default adjust entire waveform

Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file? What program would I need todo it? I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

Thanks
Andrew Chesters

BalaclavaBoB wrote:
Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file? What program would I need todo it? I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

Thanks

Try Cool Edit, if you can still find it, or failing that Adobe Audition
(the bought Cool) but that's $300 istr.
Richard Crowley

"Andrew Chesters" wrote in
message ...
BalaclavaBoB wrote:
Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file? What program would I need todo it? I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

Thanks

Try Cool Edit, if you can still find it, or failing that Adobe
Audition (the bought Cool) but that's $300 istr.

Since adobe bought out Syntrillium, seems unlikely that
one could still find Cool Edit out there anywhere.

If you're looking for freeware, here's one to start with...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity/

Arny Krueger

"BalaclavaBoB" wrote in message
om
Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file?

Sure.

What program would I need todo it?

Any worthwhile audio editor. Audacity is a public domain freebie (search
Google) and has a basic version of this feature. If you want to have the
full-tilt power tool, then you get to spend $100's. One such program that I
use all the time is Adobe Audition.

I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

Randy Yates

"Arny Krueger" writes:

"BalaclavaBoB" wrote in message
om
Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file?

Sure.

What program would I need todo it?

Any worthwhile audio editor. Audacity is a public domain freebie (search
Google) and has a basic version of this feature. If you want to have the
full-tilt power tool, then you get to spend $100's. One such program that I
use all the time is Adobe Audition.

Matlab can do this for a mere ~$3000.00. A bit like driving a nail with
a sledgehammer though.
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
Kimba W. Lion

On 13 Mar 2005 07:35:16 -0800, (BalaclavaBoB)
wrote:

Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file? What program would I need todo it? I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

www.goldwave.com

Find the option to make your last setting on any tool to be the new
default setting. Then you can set up the equalization once, the way you
like to compensate for your player, and eq all your MP3 files
automatically in a batch operation.

You may need to add a process to the batch to reduce the volume before
equalization, to avoid distortion. You can add a normalization
("Maximize") function after eq to so that no file is too low in volume.
ozNick

"BalaclavaBoB" wrote in message
om...
Is there a way to equilize an entire music file and store it as
another file? What program would I need todo it? I have an equilizer
setting in winamp and I would like to equilize my files for use of my
mp3 player as it doesn't have any bass or treble adjustments.

Thanks

If you are happy with the winamp equaliser setting, then set the
output of winamp to disk writer. It will then spit out a wav file with
your equaliser settings.

HTH
Nick