eyzhang

Default Adcom GPT-450 pre-amp/turner Humming sound

Dear Experts,

I have purchased a 2nd hand Adcom GTP-450 pre-amp/turner.
The unit is in excellent condtion except that produces this
constant humming sound as long as it is plugged into the outlet
(In my case, a Belkin surge protector) even when it is off.

It is not connected to any VCR/TVs. I removed all the
connections and the sound is still there. The previous
owner told me that the humming sound has always been
there since since its purchase. Its plug doesn't have
a ground pin.

Can you let me know what causes this and how it
can be fixed? Is this a well known problem for Adcom GPT-450?
Is it a good idea to power everything off (amp, preamp,cd player)
throught a master switch on the surge protector when they are
not in use?

Thank you in advance for your help! Please reply to the group
or email me at:

Best Regards,
Eugene

Jerry G.

Start by changing the main filter capacitors in the power supply. You can
verify them with a scope across them, to see if they are actually the cause,
if you want to test them before changing them.

If you are not experienced in this type of work, you will have to give the
amp out to a service shop for this type of work. Take care for safety
issues.

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

Sound vs. Audio Bob Smoot Pro Audio 3 March 8th 04 11:13 PM
Sound, and Sound Ideas CDs TEL Pro Audio 2 December 9th 03 02:31 AM
Jazz Bass Pickups & their sound Kalle L. Pro Audio 20 December 1st 03 04:02 PM
hum..buzz sound !!! help!! it's annoying~ Ricky W. Hunt Pro Audio 2 September 7th 03 02:40 PM
humming noise sound problem. CJT Tech 0 September 7th 03 03:21 AM