Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Fredbob Jackson Fredbob Jackson is offline

Default DAT sample stream to text file?

I have to deal with audio in my day job, working on modems. Lately,
I've discovered that I can't always get reliable recording/playback of
such audio via my sound card. I need to set up some repeatable tests,
where I read the audio samples in from files instead. If I were to
record my audio with a DAT machine, is there a way to get the 48k
sample stream off of the tape and into a text file somehow? Via the S/
PDIF, perhaps? Are there tools that provide such a capability?

Thanks in advance.

Fred