Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ruud Broens Ruud Broens is offline

Default Before the year is out..

On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed us with:
"
I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted output from those 4
transistors if you left out the thermionic nonlinear distortion generator
and energy sink."
::::
i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arry ;-)
R.

let me paraphrase Arny from the OT discussion:

Arny, you're the guy who brought these numbers up, now stand behind them or
quit.

iow, let's have your less is more circuit that does all these
purported niceties without that TNDG, eh ?

preferably, this year

Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Ruud Broens wrote:

On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed us with:
"
I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted output from those 4
transistors if you left out the thermionic nonlinear distortion generator
and energy sink."
::::
i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arry ;-)

How about you point us to the originating post ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ruud Broens Ruud Broens is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
:
:
: Ruud Broens wrote:
:
: On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed us with:
: "
: I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted output from those 4
: transistors if you left out the thermionic nonlinear distortion generator
: and energy sink."
: ::::
: i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arry ;-)
:
: How about you point us to the originating post ?
:
: Graham
is
http://groups.google.nl/groups?as_q=...enera tor&num
=10&scoring=r&hl=nl&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugrou p=rec.audio.tubes&as_usubject=&
as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_mi nm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=29&as
_maxm=12&as_maxy=2006

of any help ?
;-)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Ruud Broens wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message
: Ruud Broens wrote:
:
[...]

Can you post that link without wrapping it ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ruud Broens Ruud Broens is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message
:
:
: Ruud Broens wrote:
:
: "Eeyore" wrote in message
: : Ruud Broens wrote:
: :
: : On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed us with:
: : "
: : I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted output from those
4
: : transistors if you left out the thermionic nonlinear distortion generator
: : and energy sink."
: : ::::
: : i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arry ;-)
: :
: : How about you point us to the originating post ?
: :
: : Graham
: is
:
http://groups.google.nl/groups?as_q=...enera tor&num
:
=10&scoring=r&hl=nl&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugrou p=rec.audio.tubes&as_usubject=&
:
as_uauthors=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_mi nm=1&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=29&as
: _maxm=12&as_maxy=2006
:
: of any help ?
: ;-)
:
: Can you post that link without wrapping it ?
:
: Graham
:
sure, but it's not so hard to figure how to use it, as is,
small annoyance factor buildin and all ;-)

don't you remember you were one of the posters in that thread ?
Av 325 with 2H -92 dB ringin 'a bell ?
Jingle Bells
all the way,

Rudy

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed
us with:

"I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted
output from those 4 transistors if you left out the
thermionic nonlinear distortion generator and energy
sink."

i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arny ;-)

I'm not here to do your homework for you, Ruddy.

BTW, do you understand what "I strongly suspect" means?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
: "Ruud Broens" wrote in message
:
:
: On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style enjoyed
: us with:
:
: "I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted
: output from those 4 transistors if you left out the
: thermionic nonlinear distortion generator and energy
: sink."
:
: i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arny ;-)
:
: I'm not here to do your homework for you, Ruddy.
:
: BTW, do you understand what "I strongly suspect" means?

nope that would be your homework, but i suspect you'll leave
it at the usual dismissive handwaving :-)
strongly
R.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Ruud Broens" wrote in message

On dec 21st, Arny Krueger in his inimitable style
enjoyed us with:

The following well-known fact:

"I strongly suspect you could get far more undistorted
output from those 4 transistors if you left out the
thermionic nonlinear distortion generator and energy
sink."

i say, go for it. show us the circuit, Arny ;-)

I'm not here to do your homework for you, Ruddy.

BTW, do you understand what "I strongly suspect" means?

nope that would be your homework, but i suspect you'll
leave it at the usual dismissive handwaving :-)
strongly

Rudy, you're just showing your ignorance of past SS technology. It's
probably willful ignorance. IOW, someplace in the anals of your mind, you
know better.

Back in the days of discrete transistors, people were getting great
performance out of 2-4 transistors per gain block. Line amps, RIAA preamps,
buffers, etc., etc..

Just because I don't want reinvent those particular wheels on my own time,
doesn't change the facts.

What Year Did Jazz Die [email protected] Pro Audio 54 October 21st 05 07:36 AM
B&K AVR-507 Series 2 Demo 7.1 Channel AV Receiver With 5 Year Warranty! Art Martini Marketplace 4 October 17th 05 01:34 PM
This Old Year: a recollection Jim Kollens Pro Audio 1 January 2nd 05 02:45 AM
YEAR END CLEARANCE SALE SE General 1 January 2nd 04 08:12 PM
FA: Boston VR 940 pair Currently $115 With NR-One year old audio 4 sale Marketplace 0 November 22nd 03 04:46 AM