Posted to rec.audio.tech
diecasthoop diecasthoop is offline

Default MXR home audio?

I just won a preamp by MXR on the bay. I know they made guitar
effects. Anyone know about MXR stuff? Hope it gets here soon.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

"diecasthoop" wrote ...
I just won a preamp by MXR on the bay. I know they made guitar
effects. Anyone know about MXR stuff?

Do you want us to just guess which MXR product it is?
It is unlikely that anyone who knows the answer to your
question is prepared to participate in your guessing game.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

"Richard Crowley" wrote in message
"diecasthoop" wrote ...
I just won a preamp by MXR on the bay. I know they made guitar
effects. Anyone know about MXR stuff?

Do you want us to just guess which MXR product it is?
It is unlikely that anyone who knows the answer to your
question is prepared to participate in your guessing game.

Uh, I think he was looking for general comments on MRX equipment... you
know, build quality, reliability, serviceability, features... if you
re-read the post I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he was
looking for specific model info.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"Dave" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
"diecasthoop" wrote ...
I just won a preamp by MXR on the bay. I know they made guitar
effects. Anyone know about MXR stuff?

Do you want us to just guess which MXR product it is?
It is unlikely that anyone who knows the answer to your
question is prepared to participate in your guessing game.

Uh, I think he was looking for general comments on MRX equipment... you
know, build quality, reliability, serviceability, features... if you
re-read the post I don't know how you came to the conclusion that he was
looking for specific model info.

OK, then, can YOU provide a model number for ANY home stereo
devices that MXR made? Most of have likely seen the MI products
(which seem to have generally good build quality), but I've never even
heard of MXR making any kind of home audio stuff. I seriously question
whether it is even "MXR" at all. Hence the request for a model number.
Your turn.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
diecasthoop diecasthoop is offline

MXR Linear Preamp Model No. 139.
I am guessing this stuff is kinda rare.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

"diecasthoop" wrote ...
MXR Linear Preamp Model No. 139.
I am guessing this stuff is kinda rare.

You probably already know more about than anyone else.
I found no record that MXR was ever in that business.

Posted to rec.audio.tech

Richard Crowley wrote:

"diecasthoop" wrote ...

MXR Linear Preamp Model No. 139.
I am guessing this stuff is kinda rare.

You probably already know more about than anyone else.
I found no record that MXR was ever in that business.

Another link leads to a page that links to various auctions but see:

http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevaudio2.htm

from which is does appear that the product existed 1981. Quite probably rare

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.tech
diecasthoop diecasthoop is offline

On Nov 1, 8:22�am, "Peter Larsen" wrote:
Richard Crowley wrote:
"diecasthoop" wrote ...
MXR Linear Preamp Model No. 139.
I am guessing this stuff is kinda rare.

You probably already know more about than anyone else.
I found no record that MXR was ever in that business.

Another link leads to a page that links to various auctions but see:

http://www.roger-russell.com/magrevaudio2.htm

from which is does appear that the product existed 1981. Quite probably rare

� Kind regards

� Peter Larsen

The preamp works well and seems to be of good quality.
Posted to rec.audio.tech
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Richard Crowley wrote:
"diecasthoop" wrote ...
MXR Linear Preamp Model No. 139.
I am guessing this stuff is kinda rare.

You probably already know more about than anyone else.
I found no record that MXR was ever in that business.

Way back when (mid-70's) MXR made a ten-band stereo EQ in both
'professional' and home versions. The only differences were that the
home version used RCA connections and had a tape monitor switch. The
'pro' (actually more 'prosumer') unit used 1/4" phone jacks with no tape
switch.

I still have the consumer version. It's noisy and noticeably degraded
the audio when I last plugged it in.

jak

15%-40% off Most audio Video, mid fi - hi end, custom A/V, home automation, home theater, A/V furniture RL Marketplace 0 May 16th 07 07:50 PM
15% - 40% off Most audio Video, mid fi - hi end, custom A/V, home automation, home theater, wires cables accessories and a/v furniture RL Marketplace 0 May 16th 07 07:52 AM
home audio in car rick donnelly Car Audio 1 July 1st 04 03:55 AM
Home Audio Cas Audio Opinions 1 January 2nd 04 03:17 PM
OT... Home audio... sanitarium Car Audio 2 December 29th 03 05:36 PM