Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Default building a PP amp

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.
The PS is LCLCRC with 7Hy chokes and motor run caps for filtering. The
amp uses transformer input with some Newcomb microphone transformers.
They plug into a really odd 9-pin "octal" style socket (noctal?). The
volume control follows the secondary and the wiper feeds the grid of a
56 which is IT coupled to the grids of the 71As. The IT is a Hammond
unit and I'm not sure it's up to par (the price was OK). It's the 124B
version with a 49% nickel core. The 56 is biased with a 2.2K R bypassed
with 100uF. The 71As have separate CT filament transformers with the
CTs connected to 1.2K bypassed by 47uF. B+ is around 200V with 40mA
through the output tubes. That's about it, not much in there, really.
It has about 35dB gain at 1KHz, a little weak in the bass. I suspect
the IT. I can get about 2 watts out of it at mild clipping.

I may play around with some feedback to see what happens. Any
suggestions as to a good IT? The Hammonds don't seem to have the
bandwidth to support the low end.

Best regards,

Raymond
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Nick Gorham Nick Gorham is offline

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century ?

Graham

I think this is the important bit

"Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did"

--
Nick
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Nick Gorham" wrote in message

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century
? Graham

I think this is the important bit

"Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did"

I spend *all* of my Sunday afternoons in the current (e.g. 21st) century.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century
? Graham

I think this is the important bit

"Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did"

I spend *all* of my Sunday afternoons in the current (e.g. 21st) century.

And I would have thought you would spend at least part of that time
reading religious texts from some 100s of years ago Arni.

--
Nick

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current
century ? Graham

I think this is the important bit

"Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did"

I spend *all* of my Sunday afternoons in the current
(e.g. 21st) century.

And I would have thought you would spend at least part of
that time reading religious texts from some 100s of years
ago Arni.

Reading ancient texts is meaningless unless you can figure out how to apply
their wisdom to your present context. Therefore, being grounded in the
present is an important part of the experience.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century ?

Graham

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some of them sound
surprisingly good.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:

Reading ancient texts is meaningless unless you can figure
out how to apply their wisdom to your present context.
Therefore, being grounded in the present is an important
part of the experience.

Thanks, Arni, I feel inspired.

Audio is only up to date now because it wasn't, then. We
should all build SS amps because only by not-being can we
have an inkling of being. History is the fourth dimension,
after all.

Ian

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century ?

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some of them sound
surprisingly good.

Well ... nice if you enjoy it. It's just a shame you're missing out on so much
better.

Graham (highly expereinced PRO-audio designer with a special expertise in audio
power amps up to 2kW)

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jun 23, 11:11*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Reading ancient texts is meaningless unless you can figure out how to apply
their wisdom to your present context. Therefore, being grounded in the
present is an important part of the experience.

You poor sod - everything *must* have meaning?

How about simple poetry? There will be times (albeit quite rare) that
I will read Aristophanes "The Frogs" in the original Greek (which I
can read but have forgotten for the most part how to translate) just
to hear the poetry of the Frogs singing...

No "application" there.

Much as I listen to tubes - poor, misbegotten, distorting things that
they are - they simply sound good to my ears, but in an entirely
different way as my SS equipment 'sounds good'. I have no illusions
whatsoever of their "fidelity", utility or quality... just that I
enjoy them is more than enough.

That you are so limited an individual to demand that your perspective
must be the only valid one for all to follow makes you the wretch, not
the rest of us who are able to enjoy things without necessarily
imparting great meaning or value to them. Our time is our own to spend
as we see fit without stone-ignorant creatures such as you yammering
over things you clearly cannot understand. And then drawing the
conclusion that because you do not understand, those things cannot be
worthwhile. Fox and grapes, as previously noted.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jun 24, 12:13*am, Eeyore
wrote:

Well ... nice if you enjoy it. It's just a shame you're missing out on so much
better.

Who would claim that? Perhaps we have both - that one has steak in the
freezer does not make one averse to a simple bratwurst on occasion...

Most of us with any time in the audio hobby have more than one system
in place. I know of a great many SS system owners who have no tubes,
but I know of no Tube system owners that have no solid-state. It would
seem from the evidence that the self-limiting SS owners are more
ignorant of what is out there and how it migth sound than the tube
owners - based only on my own experience and anecdotal evidence.

Show of hands: Of those who participate here as *actual* Tube
hobbyists/designers/afficionados (as opposed to wannabes and
spoilers), how many of you also own and operate SS systems?

For myself to start out, active systems in active use (more than 2x
per week):

Tube: 2
SS: 4
(6 sets of speakers across the 6 systems above)

Available additional systems (inclusive of at least one source and
speakers) rarely or not used.

Tubes: 2
SS: 3
(3 *additional* sets of speakers shared across the 5 systems above).

Notes:

These systems are spread across two houses, so the summer-house
systems get used every day we are there, but not every day. Due to
distance, placement, use and security, both systems are solid-state.

Our main house has four active systems in three rooms. The library has
two active systems, one-each. The kitchen system is SS for obvious
reasons, the shop system is tube - and the shop system is constantly
changing.

It's a hobby - no great store is set by it other than simple
enjoyment.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

Reading ancient texts is meaningless unless you can
figure out how to apply their wisdom to your present
context. Therefore, being grounded in the present is an
important part of the experience.

You poor sod

end of discussion.

There can only be relevant discussion when there is at least a modicum of
respect.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"Raymond Koonce" wrote in message

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century
? Graham

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some
of them sound surprisingly good.

I guess that makes sense if surprising yourself how good inherently crappy
things can sound is important to you.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.
Have you ever considered moving into the current century
? Graham

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some
of them sound surprisingly good.

I guess that makes sense if surprising yourself how good inherently crappy
things can sound is important to you.

Inherently crappy? Is that a technical term? Explain please.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century
? Graham

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some
of them sound surprisingly good.

I guess that makes sense if surprising yourself how good inherently crappy
things can sound is important to you.

Arny, you waste your life not knowing the difference between your arse
and your elbow.

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.

http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf

No wonder it sounds well.

Patrick Turner.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I
did, working on a PP amp using 71A triodes for my
office environment. I breadboarded one channel and a
PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to
me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current
century ? Graham

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some
of them sound surprisingly good.

I guess that makes sense if surprising yourself how good
inherently crappy things can sound is important to you.

Arny, you waste your life not knowing the difference
between your arse and your elbow.

Gee, and you had to go and make it personal and insulting. That's really
manly of you, Pat.

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.

http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf

No wonder it sounds well.

If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion performance from an amp,
go SS.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jun 25, 10:02*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

There can only be relevant discussion when there is at least a modicum of
respect.

Does this mean that you will take your solid-state ball and go home?
Pretty PLEASE?

For the record - there was never any "discussion" on your part. Just
your pontificating on what you don't understand and cannot imagine.
Which, in no small part, contributes to the general lack of respect
you command here or anywhere else in Usenet - also a matter of
record.

You are muddying waters where you are neither wanted, nor do you have
anything *relevant* to contribute, nor do you appear to have any
interest in the actual purpose of this group at all. So, why is it
that you are here? Do you really enjoy the abuse your absolute
ignorance and obtuse stupidity engenders?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jun 25, 10:43*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion performance from an amp,
go SS.

D'OH!!

And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Repeat: You poor sod. You are so utterly clueless that you actually
believe you have something to offer here. That is about as sad and
futile as a moth flying into a candle-flame. The poor dumb beast just
doesn't know any better.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.

http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf

No wonder it sounds well.

If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.

D'OH!!

And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity as an issue. Patrick
did.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:
"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.
http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf
No wonder it sounds well.
If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.

D'OH!!
And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity as an issue. Patrick
did.

Actually, he did not. He merely stated that the 71A is one of the most
linear of tubes. Not hardly the same thing - except in the mind of a
stone-ignorant jackass incapable of understanding what is actually
being discussed. Well, I must apologize - to the hooved jackass. They
are hardly so ignorant as you and seldom intrude where they are not
wanted. Whereas both of those traits are nearly your entire stock-in-
trade.

Is that personal enough for you?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 1:33 pm, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Patrick Turner" wrote in
message
The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.
http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf
No wonder it sounds well.
If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.
D'OH!!
And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity
as an issue. Patrick did.

Actually, he did not. He merely stated that the 71A is
one of the most linear of tubes.

Then, if not for building linear amplifiers, what?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:
"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Patrick Turner" wrote in

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.
http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf
No wonder it sounds well.
If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.
D'OH!!
And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity
as an issue. Patrick did.

Actually, he did not. He merely stated that the 71A is
one of the most linear of tubes.

Then, if not for building linear amplifiers, what?- Hide quoted text -

Remove the descriptive - that is _your_ hang-up and what keeps you
mired in ignorance and stupidity.

I will not put words on Patrick's keyboard, but if given leave to
interpret, I would do so as follows:

a) The 71A is one of the most linear of triodes (NOTE: This is as
compared to other triodes - not as an independent absolute).
b) If one is designing a triode-based amplifier, one might do well by
considering the 71A.

Just to heap more mud on your pointy little head - what an distortion
meter or other instrument or specifications might show me is of little
relevance to what I enjoy doing and what my hobbys encompass or the
focus of my listening pleasure. Nor would I pretend that _anything_ I
own, or I have built/modified/repaired is the ne plus ultra of
anything, at all. But it gives me pleasure.

That nothing here or related to tubes appears to give you pleasure -
that you insist that all our "grapes" must be sour makes you the 'poor
sod'. Not those of us who can find enjoyment in such simple,
distorting, spavined little glass bits such as vacuum tubes. So, go
away. You have nothing to offer here, you don't understand what goes
on here, you cannot participate here in any meaningful way based on
your history past and recent - you are a waste of air, water, space
and bandwidth as far as this NG is concerned. Go where you might
command some respect - if there is such a place. You will be done with
us, we will be done with you - an excellent result all around.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jun 25, 4:55*pm, flipper wrote:

Arny is a solid state jihadist who's taken it upon himself to rid the
world of tube heretics.

Arny is a bitter, ignorant, small-minded little sod who enjoys nothing
(here), believes in nothing, feels nothing except emptiness and wants
everyone else to be in as sorry a state as he is.

Jihadists and fanatics at the very least are willing to put their
lives on the line for their beliefs - however benighted they might be
from our perspective. Can you imagine that level of committment from
Arny? Even a little bit?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
keithr keithr is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hope you enjoyed your Sunday afternoon as much as I did, working on a
PP
amp using 71A triodes for my office environment. I breadboarded one
channel and a PS for testing purposes and it sounds pretty good to me.

Have you ever considered moving into the current century ?

No, not really. I like building the old circuits. Some of them sound
surprisingly good.

Well ... nice if you enjoy it. It's just a shame you're missing out on so
much
better.

Whether he is missing out on something better is irrelevant, after all why
restore a 1929 Blower Bentley when you could buy a far more comfortable and
better performing modern car at a fraction of the cost? People do all sorts
of things, mostly pointless in the larger scheme of things, simply because
they enjoy it. Why else would line dancing exist?

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
keithr keithr is offline

Come to that, why do people spend so much of their time participating in
pointless usenet arguments? Pleasure sometimes comes in strange ways.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.

http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf

No wonder it sounds well.

If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.

D'OH!!

And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity as an issue. Patrick
did.

The good music obtained by the OP is due to the splendid
linearity of the 71A.

I agree with what you say though, and you said
for the most non-linear distortion, use solid state.

Its extraordinary distortion from SS, it isn't even linear in itself.

You forgot to mention that huge amounts of NFB are needed to
linearize the awful performance by SS.

Happy ****tarding,

Patrick Turner
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

keithr wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

[...]

Line dancing leads to sex, didn't you know?

Ya can't have all those cowboys and cowgirls all
dancing up and down steets without lots of 'em thinking
about the ****ability quotient ( FQ ) of each other.

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
keithr keithr is offline

keithr wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

[...]

You have to do something about your obsession with sex Patrick, these days
it is probably illegal.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

keithr wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:

[...]

Yes, ppl say I should do lotsa things, and some
say i should get ****ed.
Its illegal these days to think about sex once each 5 minutes, if you
are over 60, while dreaming about it all night long.
Its demeaning to wimmyn you know.

Anyway, line dancers think about sex each 2.5 minutes, lasting about 30
seconds,
thus leaving 120 seconds to co-ordinate foot movements
to raucous music sung by Garth Brookes et all, before
another sex thought occurs.

The line dancers need to think very intensely about foot movements
( and the odd hip movement ) and because of their country
social orientation and having spent years alone on tractors or in lonely
country kitchens, their focusing efforts when dancing is exhausting,
thus diluting
the intensity of sex thoughts for the 20% of the time dancing.
They compensate for the complex social situation by forming
M-F-M-F-M-F conga lines which snake right down the town square,
and the only reason mass rape on the spot does not occur is that the M
participants cannot maintain a hard-on while line dancing,
and while remembering that the husband or boyfriend of the Ohio girl
your'e hangin' onta has a large shotgun in the rear of his F100 pick up
truck.

Country livin is all about titilation and denial,
with ever so few ppl ever actually being happy, and the C&W music lyrics
indicate how true it is for the folks out west.....

The all go west to get away from city livin, but they end up trapped
with themselves....

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"keithr" wrote in message

Whether he is missing out on something better is
irrelevant, after all why restore a 1929 Blower Bentley
when you could buy a far more comfortable and better
performing modern car at a fraction of the cost?

Sentimentality

Other people's sentimentality - profit motive

People do all sorts of things, mostly pointless in the larger
scheme of things, simply because they enjoy it.

Why else would line dancing exist?

Social contact, exercise.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

wrote:
"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Patrick Turner" wrote in

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.
http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf
No wonder it sounds well.
If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.
D'OH!!
And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we
*want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity
as an issue. Patrick did.

Actually, he did not. He merely stated that the 71A is
one of the most linear of tubes.

Then, if not for building linear amplifiers, what?-

snip childish melt-down

I will not put words on Patrick's keyboard, but if given
leave to interpret, I would do so as follows:

a) The 71A is one of the most linear of triodes (NOTE:
This is as compared to other triodes - not as an
independent absolute).

So far, you've added nothing to the discussion.

b) If one is designing a triode-based amplifier, one
might do well by considering the 71A.

Again, you've added nothing.

snip another childish melt-down

What an distortion meter or other instrument or specifications
might show me is of little relevance to what I enjoy
doing and what my hobbys encompass or the focus of my
listening pleasure.

When have I said otherwise?

Nor would I pretend that _anything_ I
own, or I have built/modified/repaired is the ne plus
ultra of anything, at all. But it gives me pleasure.

What have I said to denigrate that?

That nothing here or related to tubes appears to give you
pleasure

That's your perception, it seems. For you, your random perceptions seem to
define all of reality. If you perceive it, it has to be true. If you
misperceive anything, there is a good chance that you will be wrong
forever.

that you insist that all our "grapes" must be
sour makes you the 'poor sod'.

Never said any such thing. You seem to live in a world of imagination.

Not those of us who can
find enjoyment in such simple, distorting, spavined
little glass bits such as vacuum tubes.

Hey, whatever floats your boat!

So, go away.

Ummm, no! ;-)

snip yet another childish melt-down

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in
message

The 71A is one of The Most linear triodes made.

http://www.tubezone.net/pdf/71a.pdf

No wonder it sounds well.

If you want the best possible nonlinear distortion
performance from an amp, go SS.

D'OH!!

And what if that is *not* the point, nor what we *want*?

Then enjoy!

BTW, I'm not the one who brought up amplifier linearity
as an issue. Patrick did.

The good music obtained by the OP is due to the splendid
linearity of the 71A.

I agree with what you say though, and you said
for the most non-linear distortion, use solid state.

Of course that isn't what I said, but enjoy your little melt-down.

Its extraordinary distortion from SS, it isn't even
linear in itself.

Have I ever said otherwise?

You forgot to mention that huge amounts of NFB are needed
to linearize the awful performance by SS.

It takes huge amounts of NFB to even run a car engine these days. People who
have phobias about NFB must live tortured lives.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
keithr keithr is offline

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"keithr" wrote in message

Whether he is missing out on something better is
irrelevant, after all why restore a 1929 Blower Bentley
when you could buy a far more comfortable and better
performing modern car at a fraction of the cost?

Sentimentality

Other people's sentimentality - profit motive

People do all sorts of things, mostly pointless in the larger
scheme of things, simply because they enjoy it.

Why else would line dancing exist?

Social contact, exercise.

The are many ways to get that without looking a complete dork.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

"keithr" wrote in message

Whether he is missing out on something better is
irrelevant, after all why restore a 1929 Blower Bentley
when you could buy a far more comfortable and better
performing modern car at a fraction of the cost?

Sentimentality

Other people's sentimentality - profit motive

People do all sorts of things, mostly pointless in the
larger scheme of things, simply because they enjoy it.

Why else would line dancing exist?

Social contact, exercise.

The are many ways to get that without looking a complete
dork.

A lot of people aren't so pretentious that it would matter to them.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in
message

[...]

I. You have bull****ted here for years, twisting the truth like
plasticine.

2. You have NEVER EVER offered one single piece of constructive advice
to anyone using vacuum tubes
in any electronics.

3. There isn't any need for ppl to be phobic about NFB, and most here
ain't.
But because triode are so linear because of their in-built NFB, there
isn't
any need to add more if you allow for these facts in a given design.

4. Go away, you don't belong here.

Patrick Turner.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 25, 10:43 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Patrick Turner" wrote in
message

[...]

Prove it.

2. You have NEVER EVER offered one single piece of
constructive advice to anyone using vacuum tubes
in any electronics.

Sure I have.

3. There isn't any need for ppl to be phobic about NFB,
and most here ain't.

But there are some.

But because triode are so linear because of their
in-built NFB, there isn't
any need to add more if you allow for these facts in a
given design.

Yeah, sure.

4. Go away, you don't belong here.

Obviously, I do belong here - to help keep the delusional ones honest.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jun 27, 6:30*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

Obviously, I do belong here - to help keep the delusional ones honest.

All you would need for that would be a mirror and a tiny modicum of
insight.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message

On Jun 27, 6:30 am, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Obviously, I do belong here - to help keep the
delusional ones honest.

All you would need for that would be a mirror and a tiny
modicum of insight.

I have plenty of mirrors, and for your purposes Peter, way too much insight,
personal and otherwise.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Jun 27, 6:58*am, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

I have plenty of mirrors, and for your purposes Peter, way too much insight,
personal and otherwise.

That would be your delusion. I would refer you to Matthew 7:3, King
James, were you to have any hope of understanding its meaning. Save
that the reference is poetic - and as an ancient text that you cannot
understand has no "relevance" in your case as stated in your prior
posts.

If you had any "insight" at all, you would understand that you have no
place here, that you are pretty much universally reviled here, and
that you will have no net effect here of any nature other than to give
some of us a chance to polish our invective. Sadly, as you do have
such trouble with the rules and forms of logic, the meaning of words
and the English Language in general, most of that is lost on you.

Repeat: you are a poor, sad, delusional sod. I think I might add
'ignorant' or 'obtuse' next time. But I think that 'delusional' covers
it pretty well for now.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Please help, building an amp. Thanks. [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 11 February 17th 06 09:47 PM
Building an amp Matt Silberstein Tech 12 January 6th 06 04:48 PM
building speakers hrvoje General 1 November 30th 04 03:30 AM
Box building Bryan Car Audio 4 October 29th 03 05:43 PM