AE

Default Help a newbie understand audio specs

Hi the
I'm kind of new to audio systems, I don't know what setup is a correct
one, I dont know anything about speakers, amplifiers or else...

I got a couple of used components:
Amplifier: Harman/Kardon AVR 25II
EQ: Sherwood Digiline III EQ-3050C
CD Player: Pioneer CDFile 301-Disc PD-F1007
Dual Cassette Deck: Kenwood KX-W8050

I spent a little less than $300USD, was it a good deal? I don't know if
this are very old models or what.

I don't have any speakers for those, how should I look for them? what
kind of specs do I need?

I see that the amp says 8 Ohms min speakers...
I found in an old stereo that I have 2 4Ohm speakers, what would
happen if I use those at low volume? will the crack?

can anyone give me some reference or something about which specs are
important on each component and how should they be combined?

thanks in advance.