BlacklineMusic

Default A/D Converter MP3 Comparisons Posted

As promised, I have a page up that compares the following A/D converters:
RME 8 DI Pro, Lynx II, and Ramsa AD 96. Specifically, it shows how these
converters handle minor overloading in order to acheive the oh so wanted
"loudness", but it also shows how each sounds with a mix flying through them.
After slightly overloading the A/Ds, the files were additionally maximized
using a very small amount of peak limiting from the Timeworks Mastering
Limiter, set at a threshold of -2. More details on the page.

Additionally, there are two files that were printed with moderate headroom that
were maximized in the DAW solely by using the peak limiting plugins Timeworks
Mastering Limiter and Waves L2, both with a threshold of -8.

The levels between the tests are very close, but this was not a scientific test
and I didn't intend it to be so. Please post comments and thoughts, thanks.

http://www.blacklinerock.com/blackli...lutztests.html

Steve