Stressmane

Default "Distressor" Vs. "Compressor"???

I just had a few questions,Maybe some here can help me:

1- What's the Difference between a "Distressor" and a "Compressor"???

2-What's the difference between the "El 8 Distressor" and "El-7FATSO"??

Any Help Would be Appreicated!!

http://www.empiricallabs.com
Neil Henderson

"Stressmane" wrote in message
I just had a few questions,Maybe some here can help me:

1- What's the Difference between a "Distressor" and a "Compressor"???

A Distressor is on one hand simply a brand name for a specific/particular
compressor design. It IS a compressor... in fact, several compressors in
one, if you will... it's pretty versatile. They exhibit absolutely no
suckitude whatsoever, so if you're looking for a compressor of good quality,
you'd hardly go wrong with one of those.

2-What's the difference between the "El 8 Distressor" and "El-7FATSO"??

Ummm, never used the Fatso, so I can't say for certain, but I gather it's
specifically designed for 2-buss compression/fattening. Someone will correct
me if I'm off-base, I'm sure.

Neil Henderson

Anders Svinndal

"Neil Henderson" skrev i melding
. com...

"Stressmane" wrote in message
I just had a few questions,Maybe some here can help me:

1- What's the Difference between a "Distressor" and a "Compressor"???

A Distressor is on one hand simply a brand name for a specific/particular
compressor design. It IS a compressor... in fact, several compressors in
one, if you will... it's pretty versatile. They exhibit absolutely no
suckitude whatsoever, so if you're looking for a compressor of good

quality,
you'd hardly go wrong with one of those.

And it's called distressor because it has a function that is supposed to
emulate analog distortion (tube or tape). It is subtile, but quite cool.
Only tried this unit ones and I really liked it.

Anders

2-What's the difference between the "El 8 Distressor" and "El-7FATSO"??
The Fatso Jr., which does a terrific job of emulating analog tape and
the saturation of it, includes several fixed compressors set ups. You
cannot adjust things like ratio, attack or release. The first one in
particular is really good for most, if I'm in a hurry or panic, I go
to it without hesitation.
If you like your analog mic set up, and you're recording digitally,
the fatso is really cool.

see12mic

Stressmane

Which one is better for say, Rock Drums or Making
a Fender Rhodes Sound Sweet??
Scott Dorsey

Stressmane wrote:
Which one is better for say, Rock Drums or Making
a Fender Rhodes Sound Sweet??

Ummm... which is better, a Toyota or a car?