Jim Cate

Default Speaker Recommendations

Jack Dotson wrote:

Good list, but IMO none will match the Maggie magic. I've owned the Vandy
2ce's and they weren't even close to my Maggie 1.6's.

I'd recommend you definitely put these on your audition list. I listened to
several in the ML line and while I like these as well, I thought the
Maggie's were still much better.

Good suggestion, but why not listen to the Maggie 3.6's also. - I don't
think they are that much more than the Vandersteen 3A's.

Jim

"Don" wrote in message

I currently have a pair of Vandersteen 1Bs and have decided it's time
to take a step up. Because I like the Vandersteen sound, I'm seriously
considering the 3A Signatures. Based on what I've read, though, I also
think I should demo models from Pro-Ac, Paradigm, Martin Logan, and
Monitor Audio that are in the Vandersteen price range.. Any thoughts
on any of these compared to the Vandersteens? Are there others I
should audition? I'm using a Plinius Mk I integrated amp, play mostly
classical music, and will have the speakers on the shorter wall of a
room that is 15' x 26'. Thanks for all comments and suggestions.