Stratmanik

Default Guitar to bass software??

Are there any prograams that will allow me to record bass lines but play
them on guitar? Just trying to avoid buying a bass
Thanks for the help...JmsDvd

Carlos

"Stratmanik" wrote in message ...
Are there any prograams that will allow me to record bass lines but play
them on guitar? Just trying to avoid buying a bass
Thanks for the help...JmsDvd

The Boss OC-3 pedal, http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/en/OC_3.html, is
obviously not a "program", but will probably do what you want to do.
I've always heard octavers used to give a very fat distorted sound
(the guitar intro to Pink Floyd's "Sorrow" from the album "A momentary
lapse of reason" is a good example) but I guess if you play clean it
will do the trick.

Carlos

Geoff Wood

Carlos wrote:
"Stratmanik" wrote in message
Are there any prograams that will allow me to record bass lines but
play them on guitar? Just trying to avoid buying a bass
Thanks for the help...JmsDvd

The Boss OC-3 pedal, http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/en/OC_3.html, is
obviously not a "program", but will probably do what you want to do.
I've always heard octavers used to give a very fat distorted sound
(the guitar intro to Pink Floyd's "Sorrow" from the album "A momentary
lapse of reason" is a good example) but I guess if you play clean it
will do the trick.

Any 'octaver' will do it, but don't expect your guitar to then sound like a
real bass. You'd be better off getting a cheap real bass (used ?)

geoff

Stratmanik

Carlos wrote:
"Stratmanik" wrote in message
Are there any prograams that will allow me to record bass lines but
play them on guitar? Just trying to avoid buying a bass
Thanks for the help...JmsDvd

The Boss OC-3 pedal, http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/en/OC_3.html, is
obviously not a "program", but will probably do what you want to do.
I've always heard octavers used to give a very fat distorted sound
(the guitar intro to Pink Floyd's "Sorrow" from the album "A momentary
lapse of reason" is a good example) but I guess if you play clean it
will do the trick.

Any 'octaver' will do it, but don't expect your guitar to then sound like

real bass. You'd be better off getting a cheap real bass (used ?)

geoff

Any tips on recording a octaved guitar as a bass? £ Î Z @ R Ð Pro Audio 3 March 7th 04 05:01 AM
Better bass guitar my mixes Andy Peake Pro Audio 14 December 13th 03 09:14 PM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
FS: SOUNDSTREAM CLOSEOUTS AND MORE!! Nexxon Car Audio 0 November 21st 03 02:59 AM
best bass guitar 2003-2004? beginners...what shoudl I choose O_zean Pro Audio 1 October 30th 03 02:05 PM