Powell

Default Sound Forge/Sony vs Cool Edit/Adobe Audition

"Arny Krueger" wrote

Personal preferences play a significant
role in the user's long term satisfaction. Each program
you name-dropped has its own unique menus and
intuitiveness.

Right, and both Goldwave and Audacity are distributed
for free. Goldwave is freely distributed as mildly-limited
shareware and Audacity is out-and-out freeware.

It always comes down to the money for you, Arny.

Except it isn't that way when the rubber hits the road.

I've downloaded Audition. Went through the Help/Get
Started menu and did some editing of an existing SF
file. Total time expended 1hr 10 minutes. I challenge
you to do the same with Sound Forge 7.0.

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.co...p1.asp?CatID=1

This seems like a reasonable request given the
bandwidth you've wasted trashing Sound
Forge/Sony products. Stand-and-deliver, mr. Flat Tire.

I'm simply trying to encourage people who don't have the
sort of confidence that I have...

You've given negative advice on purchasing Sound Forge
products and in regard to SF 5,6, and 7.0 you have
absolutely zero empirical experiences. Your brief
understanding of SF XP4.5 (W95) gives me little
"confidence" in your professionalism.

... to spend money on audio products, that they can
investigate these products without getting out their
metaphorical wallets.

You have little understanding of buyer behavior.
Self-importance seems to be your primary
motivational factor behind your poorly educated
(lack of empirical experiences) advice.

Audition / CoolEdit NR bug - Need advice Marc Brown Pro Audio 8 March 16th 04 07:57 AM
Sound Forge/Sony vs Cool Edit/Adobe Audition Powell General 0 January 21st 04 04:45 PM
Jazz Bass Pickups & their sound Kalle L. Pro Audio 20 December 1st 03 04:02 PM
Cool Edit sound problem Eder Pro Audio 4 November 30th 03 03:00 AM
Loops (Adobe Audition, Cool Edit Pro) Randy Given Pro Audio 0 August 23rd 03 09:41 PM