Matt

Default iPod is great, but wireless headphones would be better--Suggestions?

(Sorry if this is a duplicate post; I'm having problems with this
particular posting thread. -Matt)

I love my iPod. All my music in one little box. Books (from
audible.com). Extra storage for my computer. It's all good.

It would be worlds better for me if I wasn't *constantly* detangling
my iPod headphones cord(s). How far away are we from economical,
wireless headphone "earbuds"? I think I would pay big money for
these, for I'd probably use my iPod twice as much if I had them. So
many times I want listen but really can't because it's so much work to
untangle my headphone cords (or roll them/unroll them for storage).

Alternatively, is there simply a better way to make a wired headphone
set so that it doesn't get so tangled? Retractable, spring-loaded?
SOMETHING??

Any products on the market that might address my problem(s) with these
headphones? I really don't want to lose my "remote control" built
into the headphone cord--that's too valuable.

Thanks for any thoughts, suggestions, pointers,
-Matt
--
Remove the obvious text (including the dash) to email me.
ZnU

In article ,
Matt wrote:

[...]

Hmm. You could get an iTrip, and one of headsets with a built-in FM
receiver.

--
"Our country puts $1 billion a year up to help feed the hungry. And we're by far
the most generous nation in the world when it comes to that, and I'm proud to

-- George W. Bush in Washington, D.C., July 16, 2003

Arny Krueger

"Matt" wrote in message

(Sorry if this is a duplicate post; I'm having problems with this
particular posting thread. -Matt)

I love my iPod. All my music in one little box. Books (from
audible.com). Extra storage for my computer. It's all good.

It would be worlds better for me if I wasn't *constantly* detangling
my iPod headphones cord(s). How far away are we from economical,
wireless headphone "earbuds"?

Ironically, we've got them, except for the economical part. They are called
wireless stage monitors. The electronics packages that go with them are
about the same size as a portable digital player. And, the ear buds are
attached to them via long wires...

Plan B would be to go for hearing aid technology, except that no way are
hearing aids as good for listening to music as we want.

One of the parameters of this problem is that high quality IEMs and ear buds
run about 16 ohms and take about a volt RMS to drive loudly enough to please
some people. It takes 3-5 volts to do that, including losses in the
amplifier. Run the numbers and you end up with a fair-sized battery if you
want any kind of decent battery life. The size/weight issue has now been
blown to blazes.

I think I would pay big money for
these, for I'd probably use my iPod twice as much if I had them. So
many times I want listen but really can't because it's so much work to
untangle my headphone cords (or roll them/unroll them for storage).

For starters, the wire tangles less if you can figure out how to store it.

Alternatively, is there simply a better way to make a wired headphone
set so that it doesn't get so tangled? Retractable, spring-loaded?
SOMETHING??

I wind mine around the player when not in use.

Any products on the market that might address my problem(s) with these
headphones? I really don't want to lose my "remote control" built
into the headphone cord--that's too valuable.

Yes, some models of earbuds and in-ear monitors come with shorter cords. Or,
you can wind up the excess cord and bundle it up with a twist tie, a rubber
band, or some shrink wrap.

Bill Leeper

Michelle Steiner wrote:

In article ,
Matt wrote:

It would be worlds better for me if I wasn't *constantly* detangling
my iPod headphones cord(s). How far away are we from economical,
wireless headphone "earbuds"? I think I would pay big money for
these, for I'd probably use my iPod twice as much if I had them.

You would need an RF transmitter for the iPod to get it to work with
wireless headphones.

Let's keep this thread low profile. We don't want to get the 802 thread
people involved here. :-)