Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ganttmann@comcast.net is offline

Default Earbuds?

Speaking of the Zoom H2 (well, we were somewhere, weren't we?), the
earbuds that come with it are kind of mediocre. The earbud concept,
however, works really well for carrying the H2 around in my little
black bag. Are there any earbuds that sound half-way decent?

Gantt
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

wrote in message

Speaking of the Zoom H2 (well, we were somewhere, weren't
we?), the earbuds that come with it are kind of
mediocre. The earbud concept, however, works really well
for carrying the H2 around in my little black bag. Are
there any earbuds that sound half-way decent?

What is your budget?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ganttmann@comcast.net is offline

What's it take to get decent ones? Are we talking $50? $100? More?

Thanks!

Gantt

On Mar 19, 1:56*pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:

What is your budget?

wrote in message

Speaking of the Zoom H2 (well, we were somewhere, weren't
we?), the earbuds that come with it are kind of
mediocre. The earbud concept, however, works really well
for carrying the H2 around in my little black bag. Are
there any earbuds that sound half-way decent?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
LAB LAB is offline

GANTT:
Speaking of the Zoom H2 [Handy Recorder], the earbuds that come with

it are kind of mediocre. The earbud concept, however, works really well for
carrying the H2 around in my little black bag. Are there any earbuds that
sound half-way decent?

Etymotic "ER4s" www.etymotic.com , but their sensitivity is a bit low.
"ER4p", for portable devices, have higher sensitivity but frequency response
is different. I have the ER4s, they are very good. A little amplifier made
with a Philips 7053A powered from a 9V battery is a good choice. Use only
the "+" output of each channel, decoupling with 100uF. I have made it, it's
very good.

Gianluca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] rsmith@bsstudios.com is offline

wrote in message

Speaking of the Zoom H2 (well, we were somewhere, weren't
we?), *the earbuds that come with it are kind of
mediocre. *The earbud concept, however, works really well
for carrying the H2 around in my little black bag. *Are
there any earbuds that sound half-way decent?- Hide quoted text -

Westone UM2 works for me. $300US.

bobs

BS Studios / SoundSmith Labs
we organize chaos

Posted to rec.audio.pro
LAB LAB is offline

GANTT:
What's it take to get decent ones? Are we talking $50? $100? More?

ER-4P:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Etymotic-Researc...QQcmdZViewItem

ER-4S:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ETYMOTIC-ER4-ER4...QQcmdZViewItem

I have tried Shure E2 and Shure E3, but they are very different to my
reference AKG240 Monitor 600 Ohm and Dynaudio BM6A.

Gianluca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
cedricl cedricl is offline

On Mar 19, 9:37*am, "
wrote:
Speaking of the Zoom H2 (well, we were somewhere, weren't we?), *the
earbuds that come with it are kind of mediocre. *The earbud concept,
however, works really well for carrying the H2 around in my little
black bag. *Are there any earbuds that sound half-way decent?

Gantt

The Shure E3 can be had for about $100. They're great once you find
the right size ear piece from the assortment they supply.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote in message

What's it take to get decent ones? Are we talking $50?
$100? More?

Depends what seems decent to you. They can run up to $500 or more. They've
proliferated like crazy since iPods hit it big.

If you want to spend a price that sorta fits with a $200 recorder, you might
want to try Sony MDR EX71 - about $40 a pair. Sorta sound like MDR 7506s.

Using Consumer Earbuds mcp6453 Pro Audio 3 October 18th 07 06:10 PM
Earbuds break [email protected] Tech 0 January 28th 07 04:31 AM
Wireless earbuds [email protected] Pro Audio 2 September 8th 06 03:48 PM
Wireless earbuds [email protected] Audio Opinions 4 September 8th 06 07:05 AM
looking for good earbuds John b General 0 March 15th 04 11:10 PM