-keevill-

Default old question. saving Real audio /video files possible ??

I like to listen to some real audio/ video files on the Internet. Although I
am permanently connected I don't have a very good connection. Is there any
way I can download it and play from my hard disk. I am aware that the URL is
actually a link to a ram file which is just a text link to the stream on the
server. Is there any other application which can save it to the hard disk
for playing/watching later?

Peter Larsen

-keevill- wrote:

I like to listen to some real audio/ video files on the Internet.
Although I am permanently connected I don't have a very good
connection. Is there any way I can download it and play from
my hard disk.

Check the options of your sound cards mixer, some sound cards permit
recording "mix" or "playback" or words to that effect.

I am aware that the URL is actually a link to a ram file

Some times one can simply download that file, but not if the protocol is
RSP:// (??)

which is just a text link to the stream on the
server.

First try right click and save as, it either works or it doesn't, but if
saves only the text file then you can see whether it really is "stream
only" ....

Is there any other application which can save it to the hard disk
for playing/watching later?

Total Recorder seems to be the default suggestion, and saving directly
to mp3 can be relevant. Audiograbber also can do save of line in
sampling - basically whatever the mixer provides - and gives you
automated file splitting.

Someone recently mentioned having written audio file splitting as well
as file joining software in this newsgroup, I prefer to use an editor,
but some may find it useful.

* \\\\\\\ Quality Ascii handcrafted by Peter Larsen /////// *
* \\\\\\\ My site is at: http://www.muyiovatki.dk /////// *

-keevill-

but what about recording of the video as well as the audio. I can
successfully record audio using Total Recorder or even just the sound
sampler in Nero but this doesn't address the video recording issue.
Thx,
-keevill-

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
-keevill- wrote:

[...]

Ethan Winer

keevill,

Peter got you on the right track, but right-clicking a link to a .ram file
doesn't save the media file you want. Here's what I do:

If the link is a .ram file I right-click and save it to my hard drive. Then
I open the .ram file in Notepad and copy the URL of the actual media file. I
paste that URL into the body of an email I send to myself, then right-click
the link and choose Save As.

--Ethan

rm -rf Linux

"-keevill-" wrote in message
I like to listen to some real audio/ video files on the Internet. Although

am permanently connected I don't have a very good connection. Is there any
way I can download it and play from my hard disk. I am aware that the URL

is
actually a link to a ram file which is just a text link to the stream on

the
server. Is there any other application which can save it to the hard disk
for playing/watching later?

Audio CD Ripping Question Maxwell Smart General 5 August 24th 04 11:05 AM
Digidesign to release new HD Plugin - REAL OXIDE Analogeezer Pro Audio 6 November 17th 03 07:32 PM
real audio settings Ed Smith General 2 October 16th 03 04:38 PM
How to save streaming real audio sound files Drebbel General 2 August 31st 03 04:00 AM
Real Audio Stream to Files !! Bhaskar General 0 August 22nd 03 02:49 PM