android

Default simply a speaker problem- Z-340 Logitech

If this is not the right board for this type of question, sorry!

I recently contacted Customer Support via e-mail. I am waiting for
their reply, but while they do that, I will post the problem I have to
this board to see of some of you can help out.

Logitech CS,
I have the Z-340 Logitech speakers. Naturally enough, it has 2
speakers. This is fine except for the fact that one of them doesn't
play music! The main speaker with the controls play, and the subwoofer
works, but it is obvious that the other speaker doesn't work. When I
turn on my microphone though, it sends what I say to that speaker,
basically making it an amplifier. I have seen this problem before (if
it is a problem), and didn't know how to fix it. When the microphone
is turned off, the 'dead' speaker just emits a faint buzzing noise. Is
there a way to fix this? Or is it not a problem?
Andrew

That is my condensed version of the problem. If anybody else has had
this problem before, can you respond and help a poor music wanting guy
out?

Andrew
Arny Krueger

android wrote:
[...]

If the so-called dead speaker emits a buzzing noise, it is not truly dead.
Whatever is dead is upstream of both the speaker itself. Is the signal plug
fully pushed into the socket on the PC?