Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Off-Charter postings

wrote:

Hi, it's me, the founder of rec.audio.tubes.

If you look at the charter I wrote for this group (John Byrns posted a
copy not long ago), you'll see that personal attacks and flame wars
are not allowed. Apparently, not everyone has seen this, so I thought
I should point it out.

I'm sure that things will be much more civil now that everyone knows
the rules.

Reid

Well, it was worth a shot, anyway...

Only too right that you should mention it, Reid. We have a few idiots
here who try to ruin RAT for everyone. But, in general, the position
is much better than it was in 1998 when there were more flame
warriors, and they were more determined, and they were more skilled.
The current crop of losers make so little impact, I keep them
killfiled and miss nothing. We do quite a bit of tubes despite them.
Perhaps you'd like to stick around and give us some tips.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Off-Charter postings [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 51 November 24th 07 07:26 PM
Charter Oak SA538 Self Pro Audio 1 January 8th 06 03:48 PM
Double postings Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 0 December 13th 04 06:48 AM
Political Postings Carroll Conklin Vacuum Tubes 3 November 8th 04 09:40 PM
activate the getters! [Charter Reminder] Ross Matheson Vacuum Tubes 6 November 22nd 03 01:21 AM