soundgun

Default MT2496 experiences.

Excellent use of tasteful compression for both video and audio. A 57MB
file for a 22minute video clip with high resolution sound and very
watchable video (even at full screen on a 17" monitor) is remarkable.
Well worth the download as I found it very inspiring. The recording
even exposes slight imperfections in the piano's dampening mechanism,
as you can hear the dampers release from the strings rather well.
Perhaps a low cut filter at the right place would help with this, but
to sacrifice any low end from this recording would be a travesty.
Well done! Is the mic placement the same as in the photo you show in
another post or are the mics closer? They sound to me to be pretty
close to control the room's reverberant acoustics. I'd guess they are
near the edge of the piano about 3' up.
George Whittam
eldorec.com