bcleever

Default Home studio setup!!!! please help me!

I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB
Particle Salad

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB

You've been given incorrect information.

We can't help you at all. Well, unless you actually give us some
information. What are you looking to do? What can't you do with your
current gear? What kind of music are you creating? What does "fairly
cheaply" mean? What are your quality expectations? How does your room
sound? What kind of monitors are you using? What gear do you already have
(mics/preamps/mixers). Etc.

Steven Sena

Could it be that you have everything you need already...?

--
Steven Sena
XS Sound Recording

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB

Chris Pickett

bcleever wrote:
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

I would check out

http://tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

and ask questions on the forums there.

Cheers,
Chris

JD

I would think the bigger more simpler question is "What recording experience do
you have?" All the set-up information in the world won't do you any good if
you don't know how to use it. And if you do know how to use it, then shouldn't
you know what you need? Hmmm...?
JD

Particle Salad wrote:

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB

You've been given incorrect information.

We can't help you at all. Well, unless you actually give us some
information. What are you looking to do? What can't you do with your
current gear? What kind of music are you creating? What does "fairly
cheaply" mean? What are your quality expectations? How does your room
sound? What kind of monitors are you using? What gear do you already have
(mics/preamps/mixers). Etc.

Ricky W. Hunt

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB

Sounds like you have one already. What's it not doing that you want to do?

james of tucson

On 2004-12-04, bcleever wrote:

I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

Lose two of the PCs. What do turntables have to do with anything?
Is the turntable a musical instrument in your world? Do you need a
mic, preamp, or monitors?

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

The people in this newsgroup will ridicule you, and in between jabs,
will give you the best advice you could possibly get anywhere.

You have to understand that there are people here happily producing
music with a thousand dollars worth of gear, and getting good results,
and there are also people here who have multimilliondollar studios, and
maybe some of them are happy too.

Joakim Wendel

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

BoB

Check this news group too
alt.music.home-studio
--
Joakim Wendel
Remove obvious mail JUNK block for mail reply.

My homepage : http://violinist.nu

reddred

"bcleever" wrote in message
om...
I would like to know what equipment I require in addition to what I
have to set up a home recording studio...... fairly cheaply!

I have 3 PCs, 2 midi keyboards, reason 2.5, cubase se and two
turntables.

I have been told that this newsgroup would help me!!!

Thanks in advanvce

What kind of music do you want to record? Is this for hip-hop, electronica,
or what?

jb

karambos

You need a compressor, a preamp, a decent mic, a mixing desk, a guitar,
a bass, some kind of DI or amp simulator like the POD or the J-Station,
various percussion instruments, a pair of flat response headphones and
LOTS of sample CD's

How's that sound?

JD wrote:
I would think the bigger more simpler question is "What recording experience do
you have?" All the set-up information in the world won't do you any good if
you don't know how to use it. And if you do know how to use it, then shouldn't
you know what you need? Hmmm...?
JD

Particle Salad wrote:

.com...