Mark Steven Brooks

Default Edirol R-1 anyone have one or used one?

This seems like it might be a useful thing to have around for remote recording,
particularly for intereviews and ambience. Anyone have any experience with it?
(Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)
Kurt Albershardt

Mark Steven Brooks wrote:
This seems like it might be a useful thing to have around for remote recording,
particularly for intereviews and ambience. Anyone have any experience with it?
(Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)

They haven't shipped yet.

Bob Smith

"Mark Steven Brooks" wrote:
This seems like it might be a useful thing to have around for remote

recording,
particularly for intereviews and ambience. Anyone have any experience

with it?
(Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)

Only the floor show at AES. BSW is purportedly going to ship on Dec 10th.

bobs

Bob Smith
BS Studios
we organize chaos
http://www.bsstudios.com

Len Moskowitz

Mark Steven Brooks wrote:

This seems like it might be a useful thing to have around for remote recording,
particularly for intereviews and ambience. Anyone have any experience with it?
(Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)

It hasn't been released yet.

For a comparison of its features to a few other recorders (including our
PDAudio), please see:

http://www.core-sound.com/comparison...-670-fr-2.html

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
Len Moskowitz

play-on playonATcomcast.net wrote:

It hasn't been released yet.

It hasn't? I've received catalogs listing the Edirol with prices.

I too. But if you try and order them, Edirol says that they're not yet
coming into the US.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
qukza

You might also want to check out the forthcoming Marantz PMD-660 as
well. See www.niehoff.nl/marantz/pmd660.pdf.

Some sites in Europe are reporting a forthcoming version of the
PMD-670 that supports 96/24 recording. See
http://www.nf-concept.de/news.php.
Len Moskowitz

qukza wrote:

You might also want to check out the forthcoming Marantz PMD-660 as
well. See www.niehoff.nl/marantz/pmd660.pdf.

The Marantz PMD660 is a 16-bit recorder with sample rates up to 44.1/48
KS/s, S/N on the mic input of only 60 dB and only 80 dB on the Line
input, and a frequency response that's down 3 dB at 20 KHz. And it's
quite a bit larger than the R-1 so that it's perhaps a "handheld" only
if you stretch the definition. No word yet on when it will be released
for sale in the US.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912
play-on

Will these units only record MP3s? I see no mention of 16-bit
recording on the PMD 660. Also, what is the largest flash card size
that is currently available?

Al

On 1 Dec 2004 06:24:17 -0800, (qukza) wrote:

You might also want to check out the forthcoming Marantz PMD-660 as
well. See
www.niehoff.nl/marantz/pmd660.pdf.

Some sites in Europe are reporting a forthcoming version of the
PMD-670 that supports 96/24 recording. See
http://www.nf-concept.de/news.php.

Mike Rivers

In article playonATcomcast.net writes:

It hasn't been released yet.

It hasn't? I've received catalogs listing the Edirol with prices.

You've never seen that before? It happens a lot. Catalogs are laid up
a few months before they're mailed out. Prices and shipping dates are
usually estimates at that time, so they let you drool until you can
actually get it.

I liked the idea of the R1, but it has a mini jack for input and a
memory card for storage, two things I don't want in my next recorder.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

Len Moskowitz

play-on playonATcomcast.net wrote:

Will these units only record MP3s? I see no mention of 16-bit
recording on the PMD 660.

It will record both MP3 (up to 128 Kbps) and WAV (linear PCM, up to 16/48).

Also, what is the largest flash card size that is currently available?

It's currently at 12 GB, but that doesn't mean that the Marantz will be
able to use it.

Tel: 201-801-0812, FAX: 201-801-0912

EganMedia

You might also want to check out the forthcoming Marantz PMD-660 as
well. See www.niehoff.nl/marantz/pmd660.pdf.

The Marantz PMD660 is a 16-bit recorder with sample rates up to 44.1/48
KS/s, S/N on the mic input of only 60 dB and only 80 dB on the Line
input, and a frequency response that's down 3 dB at 20 KHz. And it's
quite a bit larger than the R-1 so that it's perhaps a "handheld" only
if you stretch the definition. No word yet on when it will be released
for sale in the US. BRBR

I like thee look of the Edirol R4. Depending on when it's released and what
the initial word on the street is, I'm seriously considering purchasing one for
an independant film we're working on in March. I had planned to rent a Deva or
a Portadrive, but for the cost of a weeklong rental it looks like I could buy
an R4. We'd run a DAT as backup, but if the Edirol is at all roadworthy, I
think it'll be a big hit.

Joe Egan
EMP
Colchester, VT
www.eganmedia.com

qukza

Here's the Marantz page for the PMD-671:
http://www.d-mpro.eu.com/users/folder.asp?FolderID=4321

"A new flagship model for the Marantz Professional digital recording
range, the PMD671 adds 96kHz/24 bit capability, shift time playback
and read after write monitor (for confidence monitoring) to the list
of features found on the popular PMD670."